~Three~

pretty happy with how long this chapter is...
to me at least.

three

Maybe it was cruel of her.

To ignore the man who was meant to be her other half, the one who would keep her from losing her mind. It wasn't on purpose, Hartlyn just had no idea how to approach him.

Those eyes of his were so intense, the aura he projected was so intoxicating and whether he knew he was doing it or not, the Mistress didn't know. All she did know was that it was addictive even mouthwatering.

But the redhead let him be, believing that perhaps he needed to sort out himself after having a deity take him from his world. How the hell was she supposed to act around him, following the turmoil he must be suffering? Although, from the startling look of Jon when he first appeared in her throne room covered in blood with ripped or torn clothing, perhaps he'd been in war or was betrayed. Maybe, more than likely, that was how the deity found him in the first place.

Hartlyn stared blankly at the book in front of her, fiddling with the black stone hanging from her neck on the delicate, gold chain as thoughts tumbled around in her head, searching for answers that she didn't have.

Unbeknownst to the Queen of the Castle, a sneaky, conniving shadow was using his powers to hide little slivers of knowledge his Mistress and Jon's lives around Middle Earth, evidence that would evolve into legendary myths, tales told to children at night to encourage strength and bravery.

He was placing all the pieces of the puzzle on the board, just waiting. Waiting for someone to put them all together.

:3

On the other side of the castle, Jon didn't know what to think either, him too holding an abandoned book, staring into the flickering fire that kept his chambers warm.

Ghost was having more luck than him with his newfound lady love. For one, the white direwolf could actually find the she wolf and he couldn't count on both hands how many times he had gotten lost in the many halls of his new home. The little creatures that were usually unseen, would always guide him back to his room however, where the clothed shadow, that annoyed him ever so greatly with it's supposedly humourous taunting, would have a good laugh at his failure.

At least the deity left him with books about the world he now occupied, so he wouldn't be so ignorant of the life outside the castle walls.

"Just in case," Death would hum delightedly, like he knew something that Jon didn't.

Maybe a month or two into his new life, as he tried to find his way again through the halls of his newfound home, the man finally bumped, quite literally, into the Lady of the House.

He'd asked one of the house elves, as they called themselves, to take him to the library. Jon wanted to find several other books that detailed more of what he had already learned.

The doors were grand, with gold accents pressed into the dark wood and handles that shimmered with the light that shone through the glass window. He opened it and began to walk in, when he collided with a softer, warmer body to his own.

Without thinking, his hands shot out to grab a wrist and his arm to wrap around a waist. As the former Night's Watchman's mind settled, he suddenly realised that he was holding the very person he had been trying to find since areiving at the castle.