~Five~

five

"You are losing my interest, and that is very dangerous." Hartlyn stood from her throne, her delicate hand resting on Jon's forearm, making the man relax slightly. His body was still tensed, ready for an attack, the raven haired man let out a long breath and released his sword slowly then folded his arms, while he narrowed his gaze.

Gandalf gulped and bowed his head, "I wish only for your help."

"Why do you assume we will help you, Istari?" The redhead asked, her accent making her words soft yet more demanding. She took a step towards him, her dark purple dress trailing behind her, making her eyes and hair seem brighter, more ethereal.

The wizard could say that her wild beauty heavily contested against a certain she elf.

"Would you not ask for help if a dragon were to take your mountain?" Gandalf answered with a question, tilting his head slightly.

"A dragon wouldn't touch us." Jon scoffed, his deep, husky voice filled the room, his tone filled with amusement, "A beast of fire try to take a fortress of magic? With myself and my Queen as its defenders? Impossible."

The Grey Wizard believed him.

"You wish for us to help the sons of Durin, don't you?"

Gandalf wasn't surprised that the Mistress of Death knew what he wished from them. From the information he had collected, learned and found, Hartlyn Black was unstoppable when she set her mind on something. She seemed only surprised that he was asking them.

"Dwarves?" The man beside her hummed, "Selfish, hard-headed creatures. As thankful as the stone and metal they work with."

"But would you aid another to reclaim their home?"

Jon almost rolled his eyes, hearing the plea in the old man's voice.

Something inside Hartlyn's mind snapped into place, along with Death's whispers as he, too, attempted to sway her hand. Apparently, in her past life, she'd had a bit of a hero complex.

And that was putting it lightly. A definite understatement.

"If we do agree to help these dwarves," The witch began, interrupting the stare down between her soul mate and the Istari, "What then?"

Gandalf smiled slightly, feeling his hope rise, "I'd ask you to meet me at Hobbiton. Where I plan to collect a burglar."

In unison, the King and Queen of the Northern Mountains rose an eyebrow.

"And when?" Jon asked, his shoulders relaxing even more as Ghost bumped into him, the dire wolf standing half a foot taller than his master.

The Grey Wizard eyed the beast warily, "Upon the next full moon. Will you come? Aid the Sons of Durin?"

The black dire wolf, Morrigan stood too and moved to her mistress's side, the four painting a picture of power and regality for Gandalf to gaze upon. He could feel the ancient magic coiling around him.

Although the room was warm and rich, giving off a royal but homely charm, the wizard could feel the coldness of their judgment. Their decision could very well determine the success of the adventure.