Chapter 2

Iron didn't feel anything. If she did feel something, it wasn't barely warm den that mother made. In fact, she felt something different than the warmth of the den. She opened her heavy eyelids and saw a green meadow. It was beautiful. There were flowers, or what she assumed to be the alluring, colorful things resting in the meadow were.

When she lifted her head, there were instead of the dull gray skies that poured down snow that covered the ground, it was blue, weather less skies with small fluffy white clouds. She looked up, feeling a presence around her that felt welcoming towards her. "Hello there little kit." Iron jumped at the voice. She looked around and spotted a dark gray cat many paw steps away. Her fur was ghostly, and she seemed to fade in with the grass around her paws.

Iron slowly approached the cat, her head low to the ground. She was wary of the cat, not trusting anyone like her mother once told her. "Don't be afraid little one. I'm only here to help you." Iron lifted her head slowly and looked into the she-cat gentle blue-green gaze. She was a beautiful she-cat, her sleek pelt was groomed nicely compared to the mess that was Iron's.

"What's your name, little one?" She quietly meowed out to her when Iron sat a few paw steps away from her. "My name is Iron." The she-cat's gaze seemed to lighten up with joy. "What a great name for a kit like you. My name is Nightspot, and would you like me to help find a home?"

Iron's heart soared out on a bird's wings when she meowed out those words. "Y-yes please Nightspot!" Iron licked her chest fur a few times because of embarrassment for meowing that out so fast. Nightspot mrrowed out to the Iron, "Don't be embarrassed Iron. It's only natural for me to offer help to you." Nightspot got up from where she was sitting and padded towards the fog on the edges of the meadow. "Come here Iron. I will explain to you the clans and then you can pick which one you would like to call home."

Iron raced after her, following her into the fog. The fog was thick, yet she could clearly see Nightspot a few paw steps in front of her. When they came into the open, Iron was amazed at the site of the snow cloaked forest. The whole area wasn't in a blizzard any longer and just gentle snowflakes fell from the cloudy sky.

She saw many cats entering an area and she followed after them, Nightspot following closely behind her. "This is Thunderclan's camp. That cat on the rock is called Owlstar. He is the leader of the clan." She flicked her tail towards another cat. Iron looked towards where she was pointing with her tail and noticed a cat speaking to Owlstar. "That cat is the deputy. He helps run it and eventually after the leader loses their nine lives, the deputy will become the next leader. His name is Fallendawn."

Iron nodded, but was still confused with the whole concept of a 'clan.' Nightspot continued on, "Thunderclan are loyal cats that fight for their loved ones, not pride. They are strong cats, yet they aren't as nimble as another clan you'll get to meet later on. Thunderclan shares the border with the clan we're visiting next." Nightspot turned away from Iron and didn't wait for her however. She was already returning to the fog that engulfed the trunks of the trees.

Iron glanced back at Thunderclan's camp, feeling something eerily horrible from the camp and its residents. This time when Iron entered the fog, it felt as though she was suffocating. She picked up the pace quickly, wanting to get out of the fog as quickly as possibly. The fog started to clear up once again and suddenly she was in a completely different territory.

"This is Riverclan's territory. Obviously, these cats hunt on the river instead of in the forest." Ironheart watched as a tortoiseshell cat waited on the river's edge, watching for fish to come close to she could grab it.

"The cats here grow fat on fish and laze around in their camps. They're nothing noble like Thunderclan." Nightspot puffed out her chest proudly. Did Nightspot belong once to Thunderclan? Iron questioned, and shook off the thought. Nightspot seemed to have a connection to Thunderclan, and Iron wanted to know about it. "That cat by the water is called Stormflower. She is one of Riverclan's newer warriors and she's one of the finest I've seen in the most recent moons."