Chapter 40

I want to change the cover of this book, what do you think about the one above? I'm open to new suggestions.

Chapter 40
The room atmosphere was not too cold nor too hot, a soft ethnic instrument laced with the sound of nature playing in the background. A few flicker of sunlight gracing the wooden floor, in the middle there was a ball table with squashy and relaxing objects, on the wall a painting of an ocean; blue and bright. A bookshelf hung taking half of the wall, beside it a flower vase, there were a few of them ranging from different sizes and shapes all around. There were little write-ups here and there; courage, love, bravery, healing, words that were supposed to make the patients feel better.

"How is the meditation going" Mrs. Collins asked, she was seated across from Amna, her legs tucked together underneath her gown. Amna shrugged, she continued playing with a tape; she folds it and unfolds it back,

"for a while everything goes away, so suppose it help"

"Meditation isn't suppose to block you from your thoughts, it's meant to help you open up to your thoughts, see them clearly and understand what they mean."

"I know my thoughts and I understand them" she said and the doctor nodded.

"What do you see when you close your eyes?"

"That night" she whispered, her eyes fixed on the flowered patterned carpet. She snapped her head to Mrs. Collins, before taking a squashy chocolate bar.

"To properly heal, one has to unlock the whole trauma" she smiled at her, she had been trying to get her to open up but she was shutting something up. There was always a part of the story she left untold. "Healing is messy and excruciating, it takes time but at the end it's worth it. Because you get to walk those streets free again, you get to turn that sad face into a smile, you get to be grateful that you survived and mostly you get to be proud of yourself for doing so". The session lasted for an hour before she went straight home. She had been thinking a lot about people like her, people who had been through what she has or even worse. She believed the only person that could truly understand her was someone who was as much a victim as she was. Someone who knew what it felt like to witness their life flash in front of them as it enters a hopeless pit. Donating seemed insufficient, she wanted to do more and in a way it felt like she was helping herself.

"I want to open center" she informed Amir out of the blue,

"What kind of center" he asked his eyes barely leaving the TV screen.

"A support for women and girls" she simply said. He paused the game he was playing and looked at her. She shrugged, they had never really spoken about the night of the incident, he never asked mostly because he didn't want to push but he had been there for her, they've all been. He hoped her therapy was going well, he missed his nosey and zealous sister, she smiled and sticks around but she still wasn't her.

"Sounds great, what's the plan"

"Still figuring it out" she heaved, she wanted it to be a support for females of all ages, victims of any sort of abuse.

After thinking much about her plan she asked Khalid to help her with the architectural planning, she knew how she wanted it to be. He agreed to help her with the building in whole.

"I think you should take a look at this" a woman in a navy blue knee length corporate dress stopped Khalid in the hallway. He looked at the blueprint and told her he would get back to her. He introduced Amna who was standing beside him.

"You would be seeing a lot of her here" he informed the woman who introduced herself as Manal and one of the architects in the facility.

****