༊*·˚03. hey there delilah

STORY
WARNING.
chapter includes sensitive topics such as toxic relationships (emotional abuse). skip 2nd half if needed.

Delilah Josephine Morley born on the 29th of a June as Delilah Josephine Reyes was a miracle baby in her mother's eyes. Her mother had dealt with being a single mother from the moment the words "I'm pregnant" slipped from her tongue into the atmosphere 8 months prior to the day. Juliet Reyes was no quitter though. And she was already consumed with love for her unborn child.

The delivery was the toughest and nothing like what Juliet had mentally prepared herself for. Her parents hadn't shown up so she stood there in the emergency room with her water broken as she begged for help. The pain had become unbearable running up her spine. The whole way through she cried for anyone that came into her head, her mom, her dad, even Delilah's father. But deep down she knew she was alone. When Delilah was born there were no cries. Immediately everyone rushed everywhere and Juliet had fallen unconscious.

When she came to, Delilah was critical conditions. Things that Juliet couldn't process correctly. Everything fogged her mind up. But someone that was there to comfort her was a nurse named Delilah. Prior to the birth, Juliet was the most indecisive about names. But as the months passed and her baby became of better health and her friendship with nurse Delilah only grew stronger she no longer had a battle with how to name her daughter. Her daughter had the sweetest of eyes and the tightest of grips. The little baby took a tight grip to her mother's thumb.
"You gave me the biggest scare. But I guess us Reyes girls don't cry when things get tough huh?"
This became an inside joke that only was a cover up to lighten the move of just how terrifying it was for Juliet to experience that on her own.
When they asked her what she'd named her daughter, she answered with such confidence. Delilah Josephine Reyes. The nurse almost broke down with emotion.

3 years pass and Delilah is probably the most out there type of girl. Something her mother never carried. But she didn't want to admit that it was a trait of her father's. This was around the time that her mother had finally brought herself to seeing people again. Something that pained her and scared her beyond belief. But some friends had convinced her to go on a blind date. And she dived in head first.

Served her right. 2 years later she was a married woman. Delilah was 5 and a part of a family. Juliet's new husband had a son of his own. Much older than Delilah though. But from the start, he treated her as if she was his actual sister. Bob saw this just as much as his family as anything else. He accepted Juliet and Delilah. He protected Delilah from the bullies who harshly pushed her down the slide at the park, telling them to quit it or else.

Up until she was 10 Delilah was the only one who didn't have the Morley name. She knew James wasn't her biological father but she didn't care much to figure out who the mystery man was anyways. So on that Christmas, James Morley wrapped a box up with a letter inside. A letter that Delilah would end up keeping for years to come. It was sweet and short but the most sentimental thing. Delilah cried her eyes out and so did everybody else who attended that Christmas party. James Morley had asked to adopt Delilah. She was already his daughter name or no name. Blood or no blood. But he wanted her to have his name. To have that out in the world. That Delilah was his daughter.

Delilah Josephine Morley was always the greatest at school. Probably the top one in every single class. She was studious but it was something that wasn't fulfilling her. But she went on with college applications. At the same time she was watching her brother go into auditions and he was just starring in a show. And that almost stopped her heart. It thrilled her. But she went into college for business in hopes that it would someday fulfill what she wanted. The college she got accepted to made her move far from her parents which saddened her for some time but eventually she got used to her college surrounding. 2 weeks late into college she got her dorm roommate Amanda. She didn't know it right away but that would end up being her person. They spent nights renting movies and ordering take out. They liked similar things and enjoyed going to concerts. Their bond seemed to grow overnight. Eventually added to the friendship group was Miles, whom was a family friend of Delilah's. Being that they were family friends didn't make them automatically close. But when she was in college and suddenly bumping into him more in coffee shops they began talking and realizing that they probably would have been friends without the whole "family friend" title.

The late night movie hinges in the dorms only lasted a year though. Amanda began doing auditions because she was determined to fulfill her dream of acting. It was the one thing she wanted to do so badly. And she managed. In one of her beginning auditions she got a show on Disney Channel. She tried to hold onto both College and her career but she was holding on by a slim rope. She knew what made her happy, so she left college. Packed up the dorm and got her own place. She tried convincing Delilah to come with her but Delilah couldn't afford that type of rent. She was getting financial aid on campus for living. Her waitressing job only covered so much. It wouldn't do with an LA apartment. Amanda insisted that she'd cover all living expenses, but Delilah would never accept that. The night Amanda left, Delilah started at the empty walls and cried. Amanda's apartment was only 45 minutes away but it felt like light years away for people who have grown so close. She spent the whole night crying to her brother on the phone. Delilah never did well in being alone. Another inside joke that ran in the family. "I wonder how you did 9 months alone inside my uterus honey"

Delilah was never good at relationships and she blamed it on her biological father. Something she found weak of herself. She feared being left just like he left her mother once. Just like he left her. Things would get tough and she would be left again. Anytime something would remotely get tough, she'd be the one to cave in first. She'd run away before getting hurt. Her first relationship was in high school. And prior to that she had no experience whatsoever. Not even her first kiss. So when the moment came she aimed for a peck and the guy aimed for more than just a peck. He wanted a full on make out session. His lips moved around and her seemed to stay frozen in that puckered up formation. Sorta as if he was eating her lips up. It was awkward. That night she got a text from the guy saying "It's not you, it's me." The classic. She cried for an hour then grabbed a bowl of guacamole and ate it with her mother while watching Hairspray and Grease. She got over it.

Her current relationship was with a guy named Adrian Neil. They started dating a couple months after Amanda moved out of the dorm. They would occasionally bump in when he'd come into where she'd work. One day he got the nerve to ask her out and she accepted. Although no one spoke it, no one liked the relationship and were both disappointed and shocked the relationship was still standing to this day. He was controlling over her but convinced her that it was only to take care of a girl like her in LA. He didn't like Miles which didn't rub off on her nicely but one night he put on a show and cried to her about how terrified he was of losing her to him. No one wanted to admit to themselves that it was toxic only because they wanted to be supportive of something that could possibly have potential if one could mature enough. Adrian knew how to make Delilah feel small and helpless sometimes. Something she told no one. When they were together and he was in a fit of rage he'd raise his voice 10x louder and cuss at her until the walls would shake. If only the walls could talk. But he knew how to fix his mistakes too. He'd guilt trip her right back into his arms and the relationship would go back to order. One day they argued about the fact that Adrian wanted her to quit her waitressing job because the uniform showed her figure too much. Something she couldn't comprehend. Something she shouldn't have to comprehend. She cried as he called her all these names saying that she was practically begging for a guy to come up to her. She begged him to stop but it would only make him raise his voice louder. Something she feared. It was the only time he raised his hand at her. He didn't hit her, but he could have. And if she spoke about this to her family or friends she knew how it would end. Bob would lose it, go to his place and practically beat the shit out of him. Her parents would want to press charges. Her friends would keep her close. But for some reason she cared about him, for every single time he apologized and belittled her into guilt. She cared.

//hey guys this was a heavy chapter, over 1,000 words! not only heavy in that form but heavy in emotion. promise there won't be one like that for a good bit because I do want to keep this character in positive light no matter what she is going through. but no matter what I will keep putting warnings ahead any chapters that need consideration from readers + if you ever need someone to talk to regarding ANYTHING feel free to talk to me. I can give you my social medias <3