༊*·˚23. trouble in paradise

STORY
Delilah's POV

The days I was spending with Tom felt out of this world perfect. It was like this puzzle piece that I was just dying to clutch in my hands and place in its perfect little spot. Our days consisted of him going with me to the set when I needed to film. Watching everybody absolutely adore him, warmed my heart in ways I hadn't felt. I'd practically get teased whenever he was around because I'd quite literally say his name instead of Archie in every single scene. "Veronica who is this Tom you speak of?? I'm Archie." Kj broke in one of my accidental slip ups. Worst part it was a heat packed scene. The whole crew couldn't help but laugh which eventually killed the whole sexy vibe I was going for. After the shoot, Tom came up to me and teased me just as much about it. "Is it bad that I envy Archie?" He laughed. Nights were consisted of either two things. 1) binge watching musicals and singing at the top of our lungs or 2) late night deep talks. We talked about how many dogs we'd want together and one time he slipped the question of my ideas on marriage. My cheeks burned at the sound of that. I swear when I was around him, I was something different. Something ignited.

The news hit that his time would be cut short with me. Instead of 4 days more, we were left with only tonight and some of the day tomorrow. I swear I felt my heart hit the pit of my stomach. I wasn't sure if it was selfish of me, but part of me just wanted him to stay a bit longer. "Come on, lets go grocery shopping like we said we would." He smiled. God his smile was so genuine and so so beautiful. And his eyes, they looked so concerned for what my reaction to the whole news would be. I could simply drown in the pool of his hazelnut eyes. I rolled my eyes dramatically and sighed "Fine fine fine." He laughed as he half dragged me out of the door.

Time seemed to be slipping from us. Even the ride to the store felt shorter than usual. It was like the universe knew I wanted more time with him and it just laughed at my face. 10 mins into the grocery shopping and all that was in the cart were some apples. We spent most of it goofing off and doing random dance sessions. The store itself was empty except for some people who were off in their own little world of bananas and cereal boxes. "Alright I will go grab the peanut butter and you go grab some pasta." I announced to which he agreed to with a salute. I laughed making my way down to the aisle where the peanut butter was. My eyes scanned through all the items until I located my holy holy peanut butter. All I could think of was cracking some joke with Tom as soon as I made my way back to him. Before I could bring myself to even moving, someone broke my train of thought by calling my name. The simple voice brought discomfort.

The feeling itself hit me. Everything came so fast. Suddenly I was losing focus and even the background music the store was playing seemed off and sorta echoed. At that very moment all I wanted to do was flee, disappear from my very existence. I could hear my heart in my damn ear. "Delilah I've been wanting to talk." His voice again. Swallow me whole earth, do it now. I think he noticed how much I wanted to be out of the situation. Was my skin turning pale ? Was me biting down on my bottom lip to keep from crying not enough? Suddenly I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and my whole body jolted back to reality. "No." Was all that came out of my mouth before I pulled my arm away. I turned away leaving the peanut butter behind on its rightful shelf and half sprinted to wherever I was going. My mind at that moment wasn't even sure where I was headed, it wouldn't communicate with my body at that moment. Swallow me whole, swallow me whole, god damn it swallow me whole. I guess I wasn't paying much attention to where I was walking because my body came crashing onto another's. We both caught our balance pretty quickly before I looked up. Tom immediately noticed from my face expression and how my body felt. "Hey what's wrong?" He frowned, his hand making them down to mine. "Can we go please ?" My voice was shaking and I could feel the tears start to gather up. I wouldn't even make straight eye contact with him. I felt like the worlds biggest mess right now. He lifted my chin up softly to face him. God his eyes, his everything was perfect. "Delilah what happened?" He never called me by my full name. It was either Lilah, baby, or even princess on occasion. I shook my head and I'm not sure how or why but he took that as a response. He pulled me into him, and wrapped his arms around my smaller frame. I was engulfed by him, and that's where I felt the safest. It was like I could catch my breath again. His lips pressed against the top of my head and his calmness sort of gave me this wanting to get myself together. I pushed away from the hug, wiping away the wetness around my eyes. "Hey whatever it is, you got me. Always." He smiled caressing my cheek. I nodded taking his hand in mine. I caught his eyes looking behind me, and that was the only time I've seen his mood switch so quickly.

// decided to try a pov thingy :) just so you guys can see the mind of my baby delilah <3 sorry this was a bit longer. ++ don't forget to check out 'Homesick — Joshua Bassett' by me :) I have so many other story plots I want to fulfill I just don't know if I should continue making more Tom Holland or other celebrities.