༊*·˚ 10. confront me

STORY

The night fell colder and you could tell by how Delilah's fingertips were cold to the touch. It was pretty late in the night and walking out on the streets wasn't something Delilah would ever do on her own. Her street was safe and she made sure of it but it wasn't something she'd do. But she felt safe with him. For a couple of steps they both remained quiet. Not letting out even a gasp. Their breathing was quiet and they both had their hands tucked into their hoodies. "So Amanda told us about the breakup." Tom finally broke the silence. His sentence stiffened up Delilah's bones and she almost wanted to stop in her steps. But she continued following in his steps right beside him. "Oh really. What did she say." The nerves grew bigger in her chest and you could tell by the way her hands were no longer in her pockets but now in front of her fumbling around with each other. Tom noticed it.

"Why didn't you tell someone Delilah?" His voice almost broke when that one sentence came out of his mouth as if it hurt him to say it. As if he held it in for too long that it strained his voice when it finally escaped. Delilah didn't know how to answer. Her head was focused solidly on her hands now and how they fumbled against each other as if they were playing a war against each other. She was biting on her bottom lip from crying. She didn't want to cry. Tom sped up a bit only to come in front of her and stop her in her steps. He rested one hand on her arm trying to show comfort because he saw how nervous she had gotten. With the other he gently raised her chin up to gain eye contact with her again, removing any strands of hair in the way. "Hey look at me Lilah." His voice was soft and understanding. Something she hadn't received from previous confrontations from a guy. "Why did you let it go on for so long love? 2 years is too long for that. You gave him 2 years. For 2 years he made you cry. And you didn't ask for help. Why?" He wasn't trying to sound like he was pushing the subject on her. He wanted to understand why it happened to her and why he was so angry about it.

"They say we accept the love we think we deserve and- and I guess I thought I deserved that Tom." And with that she broke down. It hurt to say what she thought out loud. She thought she deserved every single thing that came at her. Her sobs were quiet. But as soon as her shoulders began to shake from her choking up on the tears, Tom took her tiny frame into his arms. His embrace was tight and he didn't want to let her go. He hated seeing her this way. So vulnerable and broken down to a situation. But she was human. This was normal. He hated the fact that someone did this to her. She hated the fact that she broke down in front of him. "You should have told someone love. You shouldn't have dealt with this, you didn't need to. You didn't deserve it." He let go of the embrace only to bring her into eyes contact again. His hand met her cheek drying up her tears. "Listen, Delilah Josephine Morley you are beyond words amazing and breathtaking. You deserve the very best. Do not tell yourself otherwise. If something is costing you your happiness, walk away. Please walk away. Talk to your family and your friends. God I know you don't trust me to that extent-" She stopped his words and took a hold of his hand. His hands were warm compared to hers. "I do trust you. I promise I do. It wasn't trust Tom . I just... I didn't know how to talk about it." Her lip quivered but she stopped herself from crying again.

He ran circles against her hand with his thumb as he kept eye contact with her. "Don't you ever put yourself through that again. Promise me okay? You deserve the absolute fucking world. And maybe I care too much, I don't know. But I can't watch you like this and sit back. I can't. Please know how amazing you are Delilah. Because you are." She didn't know what he meant by "care too much" and she almost wanted to ask but she didn't. She nodded and quickly dried the single tear that landed on her cheek. The talk ended with them embracing themselves again. Again the embrace was tight, filled with so much energy that they couldn't explain. Both didn't want to let go because it just felt so right. She loved the smell of him and the way she could be engulfed by how tiny her frame was. She felt safe. "I felt your hands were cold plus you aren't wearing pants. Let's go back to your apartment." He laughed looking down at her outfit choice. "Come on I'm handling it like a champ."

//might do a double update since I have the other chapter ready :) I needed this relationship to have a more in depth sense if that makes senseeeeee