A Little Stress Relief

9:30AM Opportunity(Temporary)Apartment

You pressed the off button on your alarm as it startled you awake. You had slept like a rock. This bed was far more comfortable than the one in your apartment.

Actually, everything here was better than your apartment. However, for what you could afford, yours was nice enough. You had gotten a considerable raise and could probably find a new place, but decided against it and to use the extra money on other things.

As you peeked out of your door, you could tell that Jack had already left for his meeting. You decided to take his advice and wander the city. You brushed your hair and let it fall around your shoulders. You decided on wearing something a little more casual for your outing. Shorts, a Hyperion t-shirt and a light jacket. To finish the ensemble, some white sneakers.

You roamed around the city for a about an hour after getting some coffee at a little café. As you continued walking around, your echoband began to ring. You looked down and saw that Jack was calling. You quickly answered.

"Well good morning, cupcake. I see that you're out. Whatcha doin?" He seemed to be in a good mood.

"I was just walking around the city, got coffee..."

"Ahh...and what do you think?"

"It's great! I keep forgetting we're still on Pandora." You heard him chuckle. "Are...are we leaving soon?"

"Um...yeah. Go ahead and come back up to get your stuff. We'll head back to Helios."

"Yes sir, be right there!" You clicked out of the call and made your way back to the apartment.

Jack was lying back on one of the couches, reading something on an Echo device. He looked up as you closed the door behind you. You noticed his eyes scan over you. A corner of his lips rose up into a half smile. "Nice outfit. The shoes are a nice touch." You couldn't tell if he was being serious or not, but he didn't sound sarcastic - so you took the compliment with a small smile and went to gather your things.

The two of you took a similar shuttle back to Helios and then fast traveled to Jack's office. You now felt rather under dressed for work. Jack went back to his office to continue working and you began to catch up on what you had missed.

You had the next two days off and spent them with Emily.

The next couple of weeks of work had Jack rather annoyed. Tediore was still trying to pull through the lawsuit and wouldn't give him a straight answer. Eventually they agreed to sending a representative for a meeting with Jack.

Two weeks have passed since leaving Opportunity...and Pandora.

Nearly at the end of the day - a small man with glasses stepped out of the elevator into your office area. You stood up from your chair and greeted him.

"Good morning, sir. You must be the representative from Tediore, Mr. Manning?" The man nodded back with a forced smile. "Your meeting will be taking place in the boardroom. I'll escort you there." You smiled politely and sent Jack a quick message letting him know the man had arrived. The board room was on the floor below. Down several long hallways away from the Hub of Heroism - so that if meetings got...loud...not as many people would hear them. You showed the man to the room and held the door open for him as he walked in - with no thanks given.

"Where is Jack?" The man snapped, looking around the empty room.

"He's on his way, sir. He told me to notify him once you arrived, and I already have." You smiled your best helpful secretary smile. Over the years, you had perfected a natural looking fake smile to men and women like him. The ones who didn't really care if it was faked or not, but if you didn't do it they'd have your job or worse.