Chapter 02 | Two Left Feet

I look down at the box that had just fallen on the ground. A string full of curse words follows from the person I just rammed into.

I silently hope that whatever was in the box is easily replaceable.

What if it isn't? What if it was a former birthday present or an expensive souvenir from an exotic place? I shake my head at the thought. Let's hope it was just a lamp or something.

My eyes look up from the ground and instantly meet with a pair of piercing brown eyes. I take two steps back, keeping my distance.

As I back away, I realize that it's the same guy that stole my parking from earlier today. My heart starts to beat immensely faster and I swallow the lump that formed in my throat.

"I'm- I'm sorry," my words get choked up, as I attempt to apologize to him. "I really should have been watching where I was going."

His jaw tightens and his mouth sets in a hard line. "Whatever," he answers in a monotone voice and bends down to fetch the box.

Luckily, the box is sealed shut so no broken pieces scattered out on the floor. When he stands back up, we both attempt to go our separate ways. But instead, we end up taking the same step, which just leads us back to where we started.

"Sorry," I mutter, stepping the other way, and he does the same.

God, name a more awkward situation.

My eyes travel back up to meet his. He has the look of irritation written all over his face. His brown eyes glare at me and it seems like he would beat me up if I wasn't a girl.

If I stand here any longer, I think I'm going to lose my mind. Instead of attempting to walk past him again, I decide to scoot to one side of the hallway and let him pass through.

Once he's gone, I let out the breath that I was holding. I hope I don't run into those either of those guys again, seeing one of them twice today was enough for me.

I walk back into my room shaking my head. Eden is lying on her bed with her blonde hair spread out on the pillows under her.

"That was quick," she says, looking up from her phone.

"Apparently not quick enough."

---

Another couple of hours go by and Eden and I are still lying on our beds talking about random things. I'm so grateful that I ended up with such a chill roommate. I've heard the horrendous stories about roommates that didn't get along.

My stomach makes a loud growl in the middle of Eden's story about her flight from Canada. Instantly, I feel my cheeks heat up slowly in embarrassment.

"Do you want to get dinner now? I know we missed lunch earlier today," she chuckles.

"Yes, please," I practically beg. I never miss a meal, so I feel more hungry than I usually do.

Eden and I walk across campus to the Cafe to get our dinner. The Cafe should've been built next to the dorms, instead of across campus. It's quite inconvenient. When we arrive, the aroma of several different foods hits as we open the doors. My mouth salivates at all of the delicious smells.

My eyes search the room for an open table. The place is swarming with tons of hungry students. To my luck, I find one in the corner of the Cafe, next to a big glass window. I sit down first to save it for me and Eden, while she goes to grab her food. In the meantime, I texted Cash to see if he wants to join us.