Chapter 03 | Blue Eyes

My body freezes as I'm placed back on my feet from my fall.

"Shit," I hear the guy's voice mumble.

As soon as the words come out of his mouth, I feel a towel fall onto my feet. My eyes widen and I don't dare to look down. My towel is still in my hands, so it has to be his.

Only, I know for a fact that he wasn't holding his. This can't possibly be happening.

The fog starts to clear up a little bit and I'm praying that it stays for a little longer. Not to hide my embarrassment, but his.

His hands quickly remove from my waist as he bends down to pick up his towel. I can faintly hear the shuffling of him putting it back on. My eyes are staring straight ahead at the white wall behind him.

I haven't dared to look at him, yet.

He clears his throat and bends down to look at me. "Are you okay?" he asks, forcing my eyes to look into his.

Through the light fog, I can only make out a pair of dark blue eyes. His eyes searched mine, intently waiting for an answer to his question.

"Yeah," I stutter. "Thank you."

He chuckles and then backs away from my face. "That was quite a fall. Be careful next time, these floors are slippery."

I nod my head even though he can't see it.

As he walks away, I can hear the faint chuckle that leaves his mouth.

I shake my head for the second time today. Thank God that today's almost over. Hopefully, tomorrow's a better and less awkward day.

When I get back to the dorm, Eden is getting ready to go to bed. The room smells faintly like lavender and my eyes search to see where it's coming from. In the corner of the room, Eden had set up an essential oil diffuser.

I've never used one before, but it seems to be quite relaxing. Especially after the day I've had. So far, life in college has been quite the experience, and my classes haven't even started yet.

"The community showers are something else," I mention to Eden as she puts on a white face mask.

"I try to take my showers in the early morning, hoping I don't run into anybody."

The thought has crossed my mind, but taking a shower before bed relaxes me and I don't think I'm ready to give that up yet. On the plus side, it makes me feel clean before I go to sleep.

"Tell me about it," I sighed. "I literally ran into someone... and he was naked!"

She gasps and covers her mouth with her hands. I turn my head away because if I continue to look at her, I know I would burst into laughter at how hilarious she looks with the face mask on.

"No way," she screeched.

I nodded my head at her and her pupils flared.

"I was a nervous trainwreck! I was walking to an open stall, but then slipped on the floor and instead of falling on the ground, I-"

"Fell into his arms?" She concluded.

"Yup."

Eden squealed loudly with excitement. "And then what?" She pressed for more details.

"Well, his hands were on my waist holding me up, and then suddenly I felt the towel that was wrapped around his waist fall to my feet!"

"Oh my god," she gasped. "Well, did you know... look?"