f o u r

-

narrator's pov

saturday, 10:50 am

shoto: hello, (l/n)-san. this is todoroki.

(y/n): oh hey, todoroki-san! how'd you get my number?

shoto: I was going to ask you for your number today at the hospital, but I didn't see you so I asked one of your co-workers, I think her name was fumi-san.

(y/n): oh, fumi-chan! also, I have saturdays and tuesdays off of work. sorry I didn't tell you todoroki-san!

shoto: it's okay, it wasn't your fault. we just befriended each other.

(y/n): anyway, did you need to talk about something?

shoto: yes. I was wondering if you were free today?

(y/n): well, I was just planning on sleeping in today. why?

shoto: just thought we could spend some time together.

(y/n): are you trying to propose a date?

shoto: no no, it's just to get to know each other more. since we are friends. that's how having friends works right?

(y/n): oh, sorry for assuming. where and when? ^^

shoto: maybe 12, at the cafe around the corner of the hospital?

(y/n): sure! see you there!
read, 11:00 am

~~~

pov of (y/n)

I glanced at my phone for the time. 11:45. maybe I should get there early, so that I don't get late and keep todoroki-san waiting. kiru-san is at work, so I can go without having to worry him about it. I glanced at my phone again, this time it was shut off. I stared at my reflection, adjusting my hair a bit. once I was satisfied with how I looked, I picked up my skateboard and opened the door.

      once I reached the destination, I walked through the doors and looked for todoroki-san. when I finally found his peppermint-colored like hair, I tried waving so that he could see me. he did not seem to look up, so I looked a bit closer to where he was. then, I saw that someone was sitting next to todoroki-san. he was sitting at a table far in the corner, so I decided to walk closer to see who it was. a girl with a faintly familiar face? I walked up to the table and waved.

"todoroki-san! you got here early," I greeted, with a small grin. the heterochromia eyed boy finally saw me and displayed a very small but soft smile, in which he was trying to hide. I giggled at his shyness, and then glanced at the girl, then turning back to todoroki-san. "who's your friend, todoroki-san?"

      the girl frowned at me. todoroki-san opened his mouth to speak, but she interrupted.

    "you really don't know me?" she slightly scoffed, but then smirked. "we work at the same place, (y/n)-chan~!" I was confused. I also wasn't very comfortable with her calling me by my first name, or with her knowing my name at all. todoroki-san saw my puzzled look, and decided to speak.

     "yoshino-san. she's also a receptionist at the hospital. she works on different days as you though, (l/n)-san." he sighed. yoshino-san? never heard of her. how does she know me? todoroki-san blankly looked at yoshino-san. "yoshino-san, I'm kind of hanging out with (l/n)-san today."

"awwwh, shoto-kun! what are you gonna do with her?" the blonde haired girl pouted with her plump pink lips.

"yoshino-san, please don't refer to me as shoto." todoroki-san sternly told her. yoshino-san then glanced and smirked at me again. at first, I was kind of getting uncomfortable, but then I slowly understood what the girl was doing. she tugged on todoroki-san's shirt, pulling him closer to her. she then brought her lips close to his ear and whispered something into his ear. for some reason, I felt a bit angered but I tried to hide it. todoroki-san looked a bit uncomfortable, too. he looked up at me, who was still standing. we made eye contact for a few seconds until yoshino smiled, and stood up.

"I guess I'll be going, now~! bye shoto-kun~" the girl, who was now getting a bit irritating, waved at him. she then glanced at me for a second and then strutted her way out of the cafe.

why was I feeling almost mad when yoshino was with todoroki-san?

pov of shoto

"call me once you're done messing with this slut okay, shoto-kun~?"

       hearing those words made me frown. (l/n)-san is not a slut. I should honestly stop talking to yashino-san..she's probably only using me, due to the fact that my father is well-known in this town. as she left, I felt slight relief..

         "todoroki-san?" (l/n)-san caught my attention after my train of thoughts. "todoroki-san, let's get to know each other!" the girl who sat in front of my presence grinned sweetly.

          why did it feel weird when she smiled? seeing others smile usually doesn't have an effect on me..? (l/n)-san must be a strange girl..

-
i'm back ! here's the chapter you all have been waiting for after around 4 months- i'm so so so so so so so so sorryyy everyone !! school is very stressful ! from now on i will try to update on weekends !! please vote, comment, and follow me for quicker updates o(ω' )o

- leyna

910 words