Chapter 17 - Trying Again

{{ No one's POV }}
Kakashi was sitting in the hospital room, asleep on the chair to the side. Naruto, his only friend, has been in a coma state for about five or six weeks now. And the long hours of staying awake, watching his friend lay in the bed unmoving, was visible in the young Hatake's eyes. He had finally fallen asleep after what felt like years of staying awake. Itachi had stayed as long as Minato-sama didn't give him missions. He would sometimes even leave clones to watch over Naruto.

Kakashi's eyes slowly opened, the bags that usually rested under his youthful eyes were now gone, and his dulled hair was back to it's vibrant platinum shade. He stood up, and walked over to Naruto's bed. He grasped the sheet with Naruto's condition and medication in his pudgy little fingers and read through it once more. Hoping silently for some change in his coma condition.

The pages read,
Sweating profusely during the day, as if he was training and steady build up of lean muscles. His brain waves are getting stronger and seem to be gaining more knowledge almost every day. His chakra pools are getting larger and he is getting soft, but visible bruising on knuckles, knees, and elbows.
Medications are the normal ones for patients in coma states. Do not start him up on any meds other than the normal IV drip and nutrient drip bag. He is in no need for an oxygen mask.

That was it, that was all the things written down. The doctors had no leads as to why he was seemingly getting stronger even while being in a coma. They had no idea what was going on inside Naruto's mind scape. They had no idea that three of the most powerful beings in their petty universe were training a five year old kid.
Kakashi gripped the poor page of brittle trees in his hands tighter.

'Naruto, wake up, I need you. I can't deal with this loneliness anymore.'
Kakashi sat back down onto the chair, and reread the diagnostics once more.
At that moment, cerulean eyes broke the silence placed like a spell on the room. The eyes darted back and forth, trying to break away from the blinding light above them.
The blond, whiskered beauty sat up. His newly formed abs feeling normal and homely to the young five year old kid. He knew these muscles. He trained these muscles. He made them what they were.
Naruto looked around the bright room, adjusting to having his eyes see so much light after practically living in the dark for about 2 years. 

His newly trained eyes landed on a crying Kakashi. The mask damp from the flowing tears. Hics and sobs crawled their way out from the shaking eight year old. 
Naruto smiled.
"Hi, Kashi-nii" he whispered, afraid his voice would fail him.
"Naru-Naruto!" the platinum haired child ran toward the now-awake blond and simply jumped onto the blond.

Naruto smiled once more, the comforting gesture making its way to his face again. He laughed into the sobbing child's shoulder.

"I thought you weren't going to wake up! I thought I was gonna be alone again. I thought I would become Anbu without ever seeing your face again! I was so scared! My heart hurt so bad Naru-nii, so, so, bad." he sobbed uncontrollably.

"Shh, I'm here now, I'm awake and I am strong enough to protect you now. You will never, never ever, feel the pain of loneliness again. You already are strong enough to be Anbu. We have to get masks and and I have to teach you a henge that normal dojutsu can't detect." Naruto whispered. Afraid if he spoke to loud, the sobbing child would break in two.

Kakashi nodded, and looked Naruto straight into the eye.

"Let's do this" the tear marks drying from Naruto's comforting words.

"Let's become great"

HAH!!! I know, I know. Another short chapter. I WILL MAKE UP FOR IT THOUGH!! I PROMISE YOU THAT!!!!

The next chapter will be a time skip after 4 years. Naruto will have been an Anbu captain already while Kakashi will be getting in during the beginning of the next chapter.

FYI Naruto beat the whole of Anbu Corps. and killed the previous Anbu Captain. I'm skipping these parts because it would have become to much of a hassle to write and that was                too troublesome        
anyway, I'll see you in the next chapter!!
Ja ne!
Spicy chili pepper.