Book Discussion

Do NOT read until you have completed Paint Me a Murder. This contains major spoilers.

Holy shit. I can't believe I finally officially finished this story. From the very beginning, I knew it would be my favorite thing to ever write and it was. While there were moments I struggled with this story and swore I'd never touch it again, I've got it in a place that I really feel is the best. I loved showing y'all Kaz and Emmett's relationship as they set out to solve Hank's murder. All the fun twists and turns were super fun too.

This story never was supposed to grow into something as amazing as this. I mean it. I anticipated to drop the entire thing when I first started it. When I miraculously completed The Troubled Ones, I thought that was the end. Then, I got the idea for The Hopeless Ones (now Paint Me a Murder) and it's growing into a trilogy with various spin-offs. Vengeful Valentine will be coming soon along with Body of Evidence, and I'm super stoked about those too. But, we're here to discuss this story so let me get back on track. I'll move on to the questions now, as I'm sure you're dying to tell me what you thought about the story.

Q and A's

Many stories I've read over the years tend to focus upon forgiveness and learning from our mistakes. They want the main characters to better themselves. You see, I took the opposite approach to that. Instead of getting better, they got worse. Do you think that was a good idea, or a bad one?

Tell me the character who most interested you and why. (This does not have to be your favorite character. Just someone who's development intrigued you most)

Which character or characters do you feel deserved more screen time in the story? Perhaps there were some you felt were underdeveloped too?

What's your thoughts on the main character, Kazimir as the story progressed? Did your impression of him ever change?

Were you surprised by the ending? Did you think it felt too rushed or sudden? Originally, I didn't plan to end it the way I did. Ending stories has always been such a huge struggle for me. I'd love any suggestions for improvement on it.

Do you feel like this story provided a good portrayal of how violence, drug use, gangs, and guns affect our world?

How did you feel about the Voiceless Rebels? Were there any parts that confused you about how they operated, or something more you'd wish to see or learn about?

Overall, I just want to see your thoughts of the story. Tell me what can be improved and what you thoroughly enjoyed.

Finally, thank you so much for reading.❤😍 Ask me anything you'd like here and we can have a discussion.