V

A/N

Damn I took a really long as break. Also I have edited a few part of the previous chapters. Please do read them if you wish ^^

Third Person P.O.V

Tom looked outside the window as he waited for Ell and Edd to get on the carriage. He smelled his breath as he found the scent pleasant because Edd just gave him some special water that he just gurgled inside his mouth and spat out. He didn't have a toothbrush, apparently the nonmembers were more reliant to the nature's toothbrush, apples.

Finally, after waiting for a few minutes Ell stepped out of the house, she was wearing a dark green suit under her black leather top. Tom stared at her, "Wow, She looks amazing," he stated to himself.

"Damn right she is," a voice suddenly commented. Tom turned to where the voice came from and it was the coachman who was standing just outside the door. He was a short old man and he had a grin on his face as he continued, "She is indeed a beautiful girl."

"You awfully sound like you've known them for quite some time," Tom said. The coachman laughed genuinely, "I've known them since they were taken. I was the one who had to bring them to the jailhouse. Since then, I've been their coachman," he said, Tom looked back to Ell who was now fixing her top. The coachman continues, "They were only kids when they were taken by the king. Poor kids had to endure a lot."

Tom was quiet, he was at loss for words. He just felt sad for the two, "I'm surprised they actually made it this far. Taken as kids... Staying in a jailhouse... heck who knows what training they had to undergo," Tom commented, his gaze still at Ell who was now opening the door for Edd. Edd stepped out of the house and fixed his suit. He and Ell were wearing the same clothes. Matt then leaned out of the door, He and Edd talked for a bit. They looked like they were enjoying each other's company.

"I'm actually quite surprised they've started enjoying themselves," the coachman said before turning to Tom before going to pat the horses back. Tom turned to the coachman as he was about to get on the carriage front seat, "I was the one who always kept eyes on them. Poor kids really..," he sighed. "Hey old man, how long have you been working in this castle," Tom asked, now poking his head out of the window.

The coachman was startled, "Hmm, I believe I was already here when the Old King was still the one pulling the ropes," he exclaimed. Tom then turned to Ell, Edd, and Matt. Matt gave Edd a peck on the cheek after their chat. Edd smiled as he blushed. It made Tom smile, "So... you never found your soulmate?" Tom asked. The coachman stood quiet for some time.

"My soulmate is at home. Fortunately, I was taken after I got married to this beautiful woman. She is amazing. Sad to say, I've never seen her since the day I was forced here. Only way out is when we have orders, heh, couldn't go to our families even for a little time," the coachman explained, "But I know she is doing well. We have a son and I know he is taking care of his mother well."

With that Tom sat back on his seat just in time as Ell and Edd got inside, "Sorry, we took so long," Ell exclaimed, "Seems like SOMEONE didn't want to leave," She exclaimed as she emphasizes the word that is clearly referring to Edd. The guy chuckled, "He gave me a peck," he said as he pointed on his cheek. He looked very adorable and it made the other two laugh.

At Castle gates...

"Just how big is this kingdom...? I literally thought that your houses was built like right behind the actual Castle," Tom exclaimed, looking at the huge gates that their carriage was approaching. Edd looked out of the window, "Well, Yeah, it was built behind the Castle. We, King's Men, could have just gone through the large garden maze. But you guys were with us so to be more formal we have to take the 'guests' way. Through the actual gate," Edd explained before letting out a soft sigh. It was clear that he was already missing Matt.

"They've already started having fun with each other, telling stories, dancing, and heck Edd was able to enjoy Matt's blabbering," Tom thought as he chuckles.

And then the carriage stopped at the front of the gates, "I guess this is our Que. Let's head out," Ell said before opening the door for Tom. Tom looked hesitant, the time flew so fast, they were just talking about cats and fun stuff just earlier. They were having fun, laughing, cracking jokes but now... Tom was nervous.

Tom jolt up as he felt a hand on top of his, he shot his head up to Ell, "Hey, It's going to be okay," she said. It look like it calmed Tom down but he was still screaming internally. Ell turned to Edd, she knew Tom was only pretending that he was calm so he asked for her brother's help. Edd nodded knowing what she meant and got out of the carriage. Tom panicky reached out to Edd, "Wait! I am not ready!" He almost yelled.

Tom's eyes wandered to his surroundings, he saw how many carriages were also pulling up to the gates and people wearing fancy clothes were walking to the Castle.

"Hey."

Tom instantly turned to Ell, "We knew you'd panic so. How about this..," She stated. "You stay in this carriage, until you have the courage to come inside. Remember, there are still guards so you still cannot escape," Ell explains and Tom looked outside the window. She was right, there were a lot of Guards that wore grey leather tops scouting outside.

"You will not have a choice but to come inside, anytime, just join the ball. Alright?"

Tom looked at Edd and saw that he was now wearing a plain white mask that covered his whole face. Tom was startled, "What the—"

"Also, all of us will be wearing this inside. We will come to you when the ball is over, okay?"

"Wait, what? I never knew anything about this—"

"You'll find out soon. Don't worry you guests don't need one. Just calm your nerves first then come to the castle," Ell said before going out of the carriage. She puts her mask on before turning to Tom, "Hey, calm down. After this we will take you home to your sister," she said before walking to the castle with Edd. Tom was now left in the carriage.

---------------------

He watched as the carriages were slowly going empty and the people wearing fancy clothes were slowly going inside the castle. He was the only one left in the carriage.

He was staring at the floor when he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned to the window and saw the coachman leaning on the window, "Aren't you going in?" he asked the nervous teen. Tom shook his head, "I'm actually worried. Looking at the castle made me worry about my sister... what is she doing now?... or is she eating right?... I'm thinking what would have happened if it was my sister here? If Edd and Ell had a rough start here... what if she would have the same too?" Tom spat, his hand gripping the other.

"Hey, but she's not here. So enjoy it, you'll be able to get home soon," the coachman exclaimed as he patted Tom's back. Tom looked at the coachman, the old man gave him a genuine smile. Now, he felt a bit calm.

He collected himself before finally stepping out of the carriage, "Thanks," he said to the coachman before walking to the castle. The coachman watched Tom as he walked away before walking to where the other coachmen were sitting.

As Tom walked to the Castle a guy who was in a rush bumped into him. The guy was wearing a black cloak so it was hard to see him. The two stumbled back and Tom held his arm. To Tom the impact was painful like as if the guy in dark cloak was going the speed a normal being can't, "Hey, watch were you're running dude!" Tom yelled at the guy in cloak. Tom then mumbled under his breath as he was examining the clothes he wore.

"This clothes ain't mine so I have to take good care of it then you came rushing in—," Tom paused when his eyes met the other's. He saw pure grey eyes staring at his own. He suddenly felt something burning on his chest. As if something set his chest on fire. The two moved away from each other both holding onto their chests while their gazes still stuck on one other.

Then someone suddenly called the guards and the guy looked behind him, there were guards running up to them. The guy in cloak took one last look at Tom then ran pass him. Guards were after him and they all ran pass Tom. Suddenly Tom felt like the burning was gone. He looked behind him and saw that the guards were after someone.

He brushed the weird feeling off, "For a minute there, I thought I was having a heart attack or something," Tom stated as he continued inside the castle.