4- Introductions

Chapter 4

Introductions (outfit in picture)

Claire's POV

When the door was opened, I saw the mother, one of the people under our protection, smiling at me. Not like a creepy smile but a genuine smile. She had a small child on her hip and I almost frowned. No one said anything about a baby. I turned on my innocent girl mode and started to talk in a sweet voice.

"Hi, I'm Nina, My family and I just moved into the country and I wanted to say hi to some of the neighbors." I blushed a little bit at the end to make myself look more innocent.

"Oh, an american! Thats wonderful, Would you like to come in?" The woman asked.

"Sure,"

The woman stepped to the side and let me walk inside. I took a quick look around.

"You have a beautiful home," I complimented.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I am Mrs. Levine by the way, and this is baby Charlie," I nod and kept smiling. "Here, why don't you sit while I introduce you to the children." She ushered me to the living room as I took a seat in one of the soft chairs. I looked around when she turned away, observing some of the objects that they had.

"Cole! Kiera! come, we have a guest!" She shouted up the stairs. I heard footsteps and impatient mumbles until I finally saw two people, a girl and a boy, both about my age. I stood from my seat when they walked over to me.

"Hi, I'm Nina." I greeted shaking Kiera's hand. "Oh goodness! You're American aren't you?!" She gasped. "I'm Kiera by the way." I let out a small laugh and nodded.

"Yes I'm American, nice to meet you Kiera." Next was Cole, the son.

"Hello, I'm Cole." I smiled at him.

"Nina," I greeted.

I put out my hand for him to shake but instead he kissed my knuckles. I blushed and made conversation. Two hours had passed and we were still talking. Kiera and my cover had a lot in common. Im sure it won't be hard to become friends with her if I'm being someone else. Becoming more than friends with cole would be as easy as baking pie.

"Oh goodness! I have to go or i'll be late to work." Ms. Levine absentmindedly handed Charlie to me before hurriedly putting on a jacket and rushing out of the door. Charlie whined in my arms and I shushed him quietly while bouncing him on my hip.

"You're great with Charlie, if one of us were to pick him up he'd fuss until he had no more tears to cry." Kiera said surprised. I only smiled and glanced at the time.

"Wow, I need to go. My parent will be worried sick if I don't go now." I handed Charlie to Kiera and just like she said, he started crying. "Bye you guys, i'll see you around. Bye Charlie," I said wiping away one of his tears.

I waved and left out of the door. I headed back to the house and found Natasha and Clint waiting impatiently on the couch.

"You were gone for two hours. What happened?" Clint asked frustratedly.

"I made friends," I said. I blushed a little at the thought of Cole. "Also I met the mother, she had left so I decided to leave also."

"But what took you so long?" Natasha asks.

"Okay, look, the only way you guys can get introduced to each other is through me. In order to do that I have to be really good friends with them."

"And when do you know you're really good friends with them?"

"When they trust me to babysit," I said. "I've just learned that they have another son. He's just a few months old so that would explain why we didn't have Intel on him. I'm also pretty confident that they'll let me babysit soon." With that I walked up to my room and finished unpacking. I'm gonna have to try really hard to make friends this week, or maybe I can speed up the process by becoming 'more than friends' with a certain someone.

____