5- Acceptance

Chapter 5

Acceptance (picture)

Claire's POV

>>next day>>

I walked down the street with Kiera her two friends, Mia and Theresa, and a dress I wouldn't be caught dead in. Both of the girls seem pretty decent but i'll have to do full background checks on them just in case. Mia didn't seem very fond of me but Theresa welcomed me with open arms.

We had decided to go shopping since Cole and his friends were hanging out at her house. If Cole was at home with his friends then he would have a less likely chance of getting kidnapped. So I didn't need to worry about him. We walked down the sidewalk with multiple bags in our hands. They were talking about the cute boys in their classes. They included me and explained what they looked like.

"Well I'd go for blue eyes and great hair anyday" I lied convincingly with a fake smile. There's only a few things I look for in guys:

1. I don't

If I get attached and they end up getting even the slightest scratch I'm not sure I can trust myself to not take action. Girls too. Im somewhat sensitive when it comes to relationships. Even though I've never been in a real one or even had my first kiss yet.

"So, Nina, have you left someone back at home?" Mia asked. I bet she's trying to find my soft spot.

"Actually no. My dad said I wouldn't be able to date until I'm 18...hopefully he was kidding!" The four of us giggled.

"Well I would hope so as well. Cole seems to have some interest in you." Kiera said teasingly. I forced a blush and we all giggled again, but that time I noticed it was Mia who forced a giggle.

I looked both ways before crossing the street. Suddenly a car sped around the corner aiming for us, I started 'guiding' everyone a little faster towards the curb. We all walked a little faster, but when walking turned into running and push turned into shove, We all basically fell onto the curb. I caught the numbers and letters on the license plate and cursed under my breath.

"That car almost bloody hit us!" Kiera exclaimed.

"Maybe we should all head home now." I suggested helping the others up.

They nodded in agreement and we all walked to Kiera's house in silence. I could tell they were a little shaken up but this was only the beginning and that's what made me worry about the end.

When we entered the house Cole and his friends had their eyes glued to the TV screen. I shut the door rather loudly and the boys turned their attention to us. Cole stood up seeing as Kiera was about to burst into tears and when she did, he was the first to embrace her.

I motioned that I was gonna head out and he nodded. I made sure I had my things and left out of the house. Walking to the house next door I wondered who it could've been, who want the Levine family dead? When I finally came upon the front door I opened it and walked in. I didn't see anyone in the kitchen or in the living room so I carried on upstairs.

There wasn't any movement in any of the rooms so I just walked into mine in silence. It wasn't the bad kind of silence either. Just one that I'm not exactly used to. I sat my bags onto the bed and pulled out an amazing dress that I couldn't believe I could afford. It's times like this where I think I don't deserve nice things. The last time I went shopping was with my mom. The time before that was my first time stepping into a store. I never thought it would happen again, but strangely, I'm glad it did.

_____