6- Worried

Chapter 6

Worried

Claire's POV

It was half past midnight and I began pacing on the wooden floor. My parents weren't home when I had arrived so I just assumed they were out scoping the area. 7 hours later they still aren't here. My mission may be different than theirs but I'm still inclined to know where they are at all times.

I checked every room twice and even stared out the window thinking they would show up any minute. I don't want to call just in case they really are in trouble. Think Claire, who would know where they are?...

Coulson of course

I pulled out the phone he had sent me and called him. He picked up immediately and I got straight to the point.

"Coulson they're not here and it's been this way for 7 hours." I complained.

"Claire they need you, they decided to take on what looks like the British Mafia and it got pretty ugly,"

"Ugly how?" I've seen a lot of ugly in my lifetime, and if there's one thing I know it's that there are many different kinds.

"Ugly meaning, make sure you wear a bullet proof vest" I winced, if anything they would have some pretty big guns.

"Got it," he sent me the coordinates and I went up to my room to suit up. I made sure to put on my bullet proof vest underneath the black leather suit and zipped it up. I put on a big sweater to make it look like I was just some kid and laced up my combat boots.

I got into the nice black car in the driveway, courtesy of SHIELD, and pulled out of the driveway towards the coordinates.

I parked the car at least a block away from the abandoned warehouse and I could still hear the machine guns. It's not like the Black Widow and Hawkeye to need back up. Unless all they need is an extraction, then I understand. They never have an extraction plan from what I'm told.

I make sure I have my guns concealed and walk into the warehouse and put on my helpless girl act. My hand hovered over where one of my guns were hidden just in case.

"Mommy? Daddy? I got your text where are you?" I ask worriedly to no one in particular. Thats when I heard footsteps. Two men came and grabbed. I screamed helplessly to the best of my ability. Believe me it was difficult.

"Someone help!" I fake sobbed. They took me down to where they were holding my parents and before they got the chance to tie me to a chair like they did to them I got out of their grip and knocked both of them out. The men guarding my parents were about to shoot but I got them first. I shot all six of the guards and used a knife to cut the rope that tied my parents to the chairs. It happened so quickly I doubt any of them knew what just happened.

"Well I know why they call you the daughter now." My father said. Ignoring his comment I spoke.

"Next time you guys decide to take down the British mafia leave a note or something," I say partially annoyed. I handed them both a spare gun and we left the warehouse. Before we were able to leave I noticed a device that wasn't there before. When realization crossed me I cursed, "Damn." There was a bomb sitting right in front of us. The blinking light began to blink faster and as quickly as possible I pick up the bomb and throw it into the warehouse. It explodes on impact and the debris flew everywhere.

"Let's go," I say. We went to where I parked the car and before I had a chance to get into the drivers seat, my father stopped me.

"Do you have your license?" He asked. I looked at him incredulously.

"You're bleeding out, she has a concussion, and you're worried about me driving?" I ask. I scoffed, "Just get in the car," I said. When they got in I pulled out of the alley and as quickly as possible drove them to the house.

____