9- Hospitals and Dancing

Chapter 9

Hospitals and Dancing

Claire's POV

I screamed and held my ears as pain went through them. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see anything, my heart felt as heavy as a rock and I couldn't tell up from down. My mind was clouded with questions and it hurt like hell. The warm liquid on my hands had me guessing they were bleeding. I felt someone pick me up, but it was as if everything was in slow motion. I was being carried to the car. I resisted the urge the scream and squealed quite painfully. There's something wrong with me and I don't know what it is.

Clint's POV

One minute she's asking what happened and the next her ears are bleeding and she's screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Get Coulson on the phone" I picked her up and as quickly as possible got her through the door. Nat opened the door and I sat her in the backseat. It was then I noticed her nose started to bleed. Nat sat in the back with her while I drive to the hospital.

"He'll meet us there" She announced.

"Do you have any idea what's wrong with her?"

"Nothing SHIELDs files on her haven't told us" she answered.

"We'll be there in less than a minute" I announced putting a little more pressure on the gas pedal.

"I don't care just hurry" she said with worry in her voice. The girl is just a kid and so far she has been doing a pretty good job.

We got to the hospital and when I carried her inside shouting for help she resisted the urge to scream. I can't imagine what kind of pain she's in it must be terrible. Nat and I sat in the waiting room impatiently and waited for the doctors results. Thats when Coulson came.

"What's happened?" He asked.

"We don't know. First she zones out and falls down the stairs, Next she doesn't remember how she got there, then she starts screaming and bloods coming from her ears"

"Nothing I've ever heard of before" he said. "With the few health issues she already has I can't think of any reason something like this would happen" The doctor walked into the room and before he could say her name we had already walked up to him.

"Well she's lost quite a lot of blood but overall the main problem is the break in her nervous system"

"What's that suppose mean?" Natasha asked eagerly.

"She's been exposed to too many things at once and apparently it was too much for her to handle. It mentally caused her nervous system to break down and the fall also caused damage to her nervous system" He explained. "The worse that could happen is that she loses half her hearing but there is a 50% chance of that happening"

"Alright so, when do you think she'll be okay to leave?" The sooner the mission is done the better.

"Most likely tomorrow afternoon. We'd like to keep her overnight" I nodded.

"Can we see her?" I asked. He nodded.

"Right this way" The doctor led us down a few hallways and to a room. Through the window on the door you could see the kid laying on a hospital bed with her eyes closed. Some might think she's sleep and if she tried hard enough she could have me thinking the same thing, but she was breathing too fast to be asleep. I opened the door and Nat and I walked in while Coulson waited outside of the door.

"Hey kid do you wanna stop scaring us?" She tiredly pulled the tube from her nose

"My name...is Claire" she corrected.

•••••••> three days later <•••••••

"So you're joining right?" Kiera asked hopefully. I put on a fake smile and nodded.

"Right" I answered. I managed to get Coulson to change his mind about school. As for after school, He said it was just gonna be an after school activity. I didn't know he meant ballet. I was sitting in Kiera's living room and she sat in the chair next to me.

"Wow I didn't know you could dance! I hope you're feeling well enough to start today" She exclaimed. I told her I wasn't feeling well the last few days.

"I used to dance all the time in America, but I don't think I'll make it to the one today" I said.

"That's a pity. I hope you'll like the ballet here as well" I smiled and nodded. My phone buzzed and I checked it.

"You need dance clothes. Im leaving in ten"- Mom.

"Um, I need to go. My mom is about to leave for the store and I need dance clothes" i explained.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then, yeah?"

"Of course" I said. I stood up to let myself out of the house, but I was stopped by a gasp. I turned towards Kiera and she jumped from her seat reaching for an envelope.

"I forgot, my parents are hosting a gala and they would love for you and your parents to attend" I accepted the envelope followed by a thank you. I let myself out and closed the door behind me but then bumped into a man wearing a suit and holding a brief case.

"Um, hi" I greeted awkwardly.

"Hello, and who might you be?" The man asked.

"Nina, Im the new neighbor, a friend of Kiera's" I clarified.

"I see, aren't you the young lady Kiera wanted to invite to the gala?"

"I guess i am, now excuse me I need to go" I said as politely as possible.

"Of course" He moved aside and I walked back to the house. I entered the foyer and made my way to the living room where I assumed my parents were. They were quietly discussing something over a map. When I entered they looked up at me.

"We found out where the mafia will try to strike next"

"Does it have anything to do with a gala because that's what I've just been invited to" I said setting the envelope down on the table.