Preface

"Brook, I swear none of this was ever supposed to happen." Ashton, the man I once trusted with every fiber of my being, tells me. A large police officer snaps the metal cuffs onto his hands. The hands that used to hold me at night and never let go.

Now when I look at him I don't see the same person I knew just yesterday. The man I knew yesterday was someone I confided in. He was truthful, or so I thought, and we loved each other. It was a love resembling a hurricane; I knew that coming into this would be terrifying, but there's nothing I can do about it. I knew that when this relationship started it would be hard, but I never imagined this.

"You're lying to me again, Ashton. When are you going to stop this? I'm not affected by your lies anymore, so save your words for court." I can see the way my words hurt him but this is nothing compared to what he has done to me. My heart has been played with and ripped to shreds while his has been merely bruised.

"Everything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law." The police officer says and continues to read Ashton his Miranda Rights.

Another shred of my heart is ripped apart when I see him pushed onto the hood of the police car, causing his entire body to jolt and the beads of sweat on his forehead sling off and fall onto the paint.

I know I shouldn't care about what happens to him but I can't help the endless tears falling quickly from my eyes.

"Is there anybody you can call to let them know that he is being taken to prison?" Mr. Police Officer asks me with no human emotion showing. I'm not sure why though, it's not like he gets cases like these all the time.

"Yes, I'll go call them right now." I have to force my eyes away from him. I'm afraid if I look into his beautiful eyes for one second longer I'll show him sympathy, which he doesn't deserve.

"Wait! Brooklyn can I please talk to you about this?" Ashton's voice is weak and desperate for me to listen to his explination, whatever it may be.

"No, never again." I snap without even a glance towards his direction. I turn around and grab my phone to call the other three boys.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." I hear the police officer chuckle as I walk further and further away.

Hi guys! I'm just trying this story out so tell me what you think so far! I'll be posting another chapter soon. If I start to get some positive feedback I'll write more! This is just a prologue and it takes place at the end of the story so basically I'm giving you a small glimpse into the future! I hope you guys like it! By the way, the characters in this story don't correlate with the real celebrities, they're just supposed to share the same looks!