Chapter 13

Ashton's POV

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about what that phone call with Brooklyn consisted of. I had just gotten her out of my mind and talking to her is like a punch right in the gut. She keeps finding a way to crawl back into my mind. Two nights ago when I talked to her I answered the phone because I was ready to tell her to fuck off and leave me alone. Then I heard how heartbroken she sounded and I completely lost sight of my intentions.

"Ash!" I hear Max call from the living room. "Come here, there's someone at the door!"

I groan and climb out of my bed as slowly as possible. Who could possibly be here to see me this early in the morning? Oh. Shit, it's already noon.

"Who is it?" I call back and pull on some clothes before walking out there.

There she is. The last person I expected to show up at my apartment. She looks absolutely stunning. Shit. No, she can't be here. She has to leave.

"Hey." She quietly says and runs into my arms. Her small body wraps around me and, before I can stop myself, I'm hugging her back. Her smell almost brings me to my knees. God, I didn't think I would have missed her this much.

"Come on guys, let's give these two some privacy." Max pushes the other two guys out of the room and leaves Brooklyn and I to ourselves.

"Why are you here?" I look down into her eyes and try as hard as I can not to get completely lost in them.

"I told you on the phone. I miss you, Ash." I've dreamed of her showing up and hugging me like that ever since I got here. I just didn't know my fantasy would actually become reality.

"What about Noah? Did you leave his ass yet?" She looks up at me with a smile that lights up my dark insides and I smile too.

She nods. "I broke up with him right before I left to come here." I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but there's this small piece of me jumping for joy at the news of her leaving her so-called "boyfriend".

"And how are Luke and the others?" I walk over to sit on the couch and she follows me. I miss my best friends and their constantly being all in my business.

"Fine. They miss you like hell. We all do." She lays her hand on top of mine and pulls it away after a few seconds.

I know what's she's going to ask me next and I have to stop her before she says it. "I'm not moving back so don't ask."

"But Ashton-"

"No." I stand up. "I've finally gotten over you and I've started a life here. I'm happy here, Brooklyn. I'm happy." She stands up next to me and her eyes look as though they might start watering.

"Please, Ashton. Your life is back in Boston. That's where you belong." Her arms flail out beside her and I shake my head.

"I belong here, where I'm happy. My life is here now and you have to accept that."

"I won't! I won't accept it, Ashton. Please just come home!" She lunges forward and throws her lips onto mine. Sparks ignite all throughout my body and she pulls me towards her.

No, this isn't right. I pull away from her quickly and run my fingers through my hair.

"Fuck...fuck! Brooklyn, what the fuck? How dare you come here and try to...to kiss me? You're not allowed to do shit like that! I'm happy here. Don't you understand that? You made your choice back in Boston." I scream and I can feel the blood rising to my cheeks. She's so fucking ridiculous.

Silence fills the air as tears start to fall down her cheeks. I look away from her and walk circles around the room. It's the only thing to keep me from completely going off on her. My fist connects with the dry wall, punching a hole right through it.

"Leave." I keep my gaze on the hole.

"What?" She stutters and I turn around to face her.

She looks so beautiful and it makes me even more angry to see her like this. Vulnerable and crying like I just crushed her spirit.

Instead, I walk back over to her and plant my lips on hers. She staggers back a little but steadies herself. This feeling is so incredible I never want it to end.

*********************
Thanks for reading!

QOTD: OMG THOUGHTS?

Song Suggestion: I don't really have one today :(