:Part Five:

I sit on my bed, writing everything that pops into my mind down. I smile at the thought of Erik going out of his way to confess to me. He seemed excited until I rejected my one and only love.

"ELLE!" Marc pounds on my door.

"What?" I yell.

"Frederick needs to see you. You better hurry!" Marc sounded worried.

I go on my balcony and notice the sun setting. It was time for the ball to begin. I quickly run back inside and head downstairs. Father was greeting people already. I stand beside him, helping him greet people.

"Where's Mia and Ali?" He whispers to me.

"They should be coming." I smile at the next people in line.

I curtsy, Father bows. We do this for a little bit until everyone arrives. I look at everyone and their spouses. I frown, wondering if I'll see Erik again. There's no way last night was a dream... Right?

Everyone dances and eats. I dance with Marc and Father near the end. We had a little bit until I give my speech.

"ELLE!" Wade yells, back hugging me.

"WADE! GABRIEL!" I laugh.

Gabriel was standing behind Wade. I roll my eyes.

"Where's Mia and Ali?" Gabriel looked around.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I bite my lip and look around. I ended up searching for Ali while the boys searched for Mia. I pouted at the thought of losing not only my love, but my best friends.

I suddenly hear Ali's voice. I peek my head around the corner and see her talking to her Fiance. I sigh with relief. I walk away, trying to find Mia now.

WAIT.

"Ali!" I run back.

"Elle?" She laughs.

"Where's Mia?" I ask, panting.

"I haven't seen her. Maybe she's with her Fiance?" Ali shrugs.

I groan and run back to who knows where. I keep an eye out for Mia and my ears focused on the announcement for my speech. I could feel myself begin to get upset.

"Elle?" Mia's voice enters the hall.

I turn to look at her. Wade and Gabriel were standing behind her. She runs up to me, hugging the life out of me. I hug her back.

"Where were you?!" I snap.

"I was with my Fiance and another person I barely know." She shrugs, looking away.

Wade and Gabriel laugh at Mia's lying. I wanted to knock some sense into her but I bet it has something to do with my surprise.

"Go up to your room. I think you need rest." Mia nods.

"I- That's random. I have a speech to speak though." I complain.

"We got it covered. Just go get rested." Mia smiles, pushing me away.

I run upstairs and go into my room. I take my hair down, letting the curls fall freely. I change out of my dress and into my nightgown. I put my robe on and walk out onto my balcony.

I could hear humming and I thought it was just the gardener. I shrug it off and then shake my head. Why would my gardener be out here at this time?

"Hello, Elle." HIS voice says.

I turn around and see Erik. He was on my balcony. I was kind of freaked out by the fact that he was here the whole time. I was also happy because HE WAS HERE the whole time.