𝑫𝑹𝑶𝑾𝑵

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ
[ o. drown ! ]
❛ ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ ❜

politeness is deception in     pretty packaging

in     pretty packaging

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ
[ o. synopsis ! ]
❛ ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ ❜

          PAIN DEMANDS TO BE FELT

PAIN DEMANDS TO BE FELT. For Chantara Lovelace, this was not just a saying, it was something she lived by. Pain had replaced the love within her, shutting her emotions off completely, and leaving her to become an empty shell. People said she was cold, and she could think of two reasons as to why she was such a cold-hearted bitch.

          1. Because of the outcome of her childhood.
There wasn't a single memory of her past which contained the act of true love; it was all just an empty void growing bigger, bigger and bigger inside her, feeding on hatred. The girl was forced to depend on herself, to depend on pain. She didn't believe in love, didn't believe in the ordinary act of caring for another human being. How could she? When no one had ever cared for her as much as she did.

          2. Because she simply just was.

Here's the thing: Chantara Lovelace might have been pained with an abusive upbringing much like Tobias Eaton, the only difference being that he actually tried to become a better person. Her future had been laid out in front of her, and Chantara was sitting behind the puzzle pieces, mending them like a puppet master. She was aware that the only person looking out for her, was herself, feeding off the pain that was handed to her, because; it demanded to be felt.

But unlike most people, Tobias Eaton couldn't sit by and watch her destroy herself in a world much bigger than her. He couldn't watch her become the person he feared to be.