Keeping Up Appearances

Adira POV
Today was gonna be shit. Probably because I have to deal with High school on top of everything else.

High school truly is a trivial concept, 4 years of education with your peers before embarking on your life's journey to choose the path you wish to take. And unfortunately, my family and I are still taking part of this education. With everything that's been going on, I had missed at least 2 weeks of school, but thank my lucky stars that my father-in-law is an immortal doctor! Carlisle was able to write out a excuse letter for me explaining that I had been hospitalized due to contracting a serious stomach virus. I have been laying up in Forks Hospital hooked up to IVs and drowning in antibiotics,only to return with a clean bill of health and no write ups on my school file. Of course in the time I've been gone I've kept up with my assignments, my gpa remains intact.
In all honesty, I felt rather ridiculous returning to school and trying to act normal when I know there are hunters in the area who know who and what I am! If I were just living by myself still- I probably would have packed up and gone cross country or even left the country by now. But, I'm not alone anymore, and I couldn't be more grateful for that.
"Glad you've come to that conclusion by yourself" Edward teased.
"Listen Eddie, has anyone ever told you how rude it is to listen on another persons private thoughts?"
He just laughed and continued talking with Emmett and Jasper. DICK!
Alice and Rosalie finally stepped out of the car and we made our way into the school building. Once again all eyes were on us. Can't say I blame hem though my outfit is pretty amazing. I mean Alice and Rosealie are gorgeous beyond compare- but dammit I can dress.

 I mean Alice and Rosealie are gorgeous beyond compare- but dammit I can dress

Waving by to Rosie and Emmett, we walked into our first lesson. As I sat down, Jasper dragged my seat closer to his and wrapped his arm around my neck. Before I set my bag on the ground though I let Bageherra hop out and get comfortable on my lap.
He started going everywhere with me again as extra protection. As the lesson went on, everything really was back to normal. Even thirsty ass Lauren - trying to 'sneak' glances at my man. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her staring at Jasper throughout the period, and I know that look. It's the "I'll rip all your clothes off and fuck You senseless" stare. I should know, Jasper gives it to me all the time.
I could hear Edward chuckling again which means he's listening to my thoughts, so I repeat, DICK!

Jasper started rubbing my lower back and placed a kiss on my cheek- no doubt feeling my annoyance. I leaned closer to him and lauded my head on his shoulder.
As bell rang, everyone jolted up to rush to their next classes. One down, eight more to go! Hoo-Ray.

Time Skip to End of Day

Walking to the cars, I couldn't help feeling relaxed from making it through the day. It's absolutely ridiculous that I just spent 8 hours learning subjects that really won't apply to my everyday life once I graduate. The only classes that actually hold true value are English, Mathematics and science. But whatever I'm free till tomorrow. Unwrapping my arm from Jasper's waist I let him help me into the Jeep.
As we drove back towards the house, Emmett suddenly brakes behind Edward. Climbing out, we saw the isolated road had been barricaded by 2 large SUVs