Losing Sleep

'Everything is going to be okay' I thought until I saw who was at the door 'Spoke too soon'

Freckles POV:

I thought everything was fine until I saw three Newsies I didn't  know. How was I supposed to calm my newsies, form a plan, and calm myself ALL AT THE SAME TIME? Someone tell me how Spot does it. 

"Who are yous?" I ask walking up to the newsies. "Jack Kelly, and this here are my pals Davey and Boots and wes wanna inform ya 'bout the strike against the new price. So are ya in?" The newsie er- Jack asked. 'A strike? Lets play it safe I definitely don't need my girls getting hurt because we got roped into something now do I?' I thought. "Do tell me what Spot told ya." I demanded, he remained silent. I was starting to get annoyed so I said "Hurry up Kelly! Ise don't like to be kept waiting!" I quickly wanted to know what he had planned.

"Well he told us ta ask yous, because yous is the second most respected newsie because yous  two is really good friends." He answered. I nodded to silence him. "Well hows do Ise know you got what it takes to hold a strike on your shoulders? How do Ise know you wont run when the cops run atcha wit a club? So when yous figure that out come talk ta the newsies of Brooklyn Heights. Bye bye now." I said pushing them out my mind is everywhere at the moment. 

I spent most of the day in solitude, I tried to figure out if this was a good idea. Sure, the jack up was uncool but is fighting so the price will come back down, really worth putting the girls in danger? I couldn't decide, I noticed that the day had already flown by. I decided to sleep and figure out what to do in the morning. Hopefully then I'll have an answer. 

"Alright everyone ta bed" I said hauling the ladies upstairs and into bed. "Can wes have a song Freckles?" One of my newsies, Blaze asked. I laughed when I asked "Any requests?" To which they responded "Bonnie!" I scoffed playfully and said "A love song really?" Laughing when I got a room full of nods so I sat down and started to strum my guitar after strumming a few notes I started to sing. 

I start thinkin' bout my Bonnie,

From the minute I wake up.

And that feelin' is the best I ever had.

She is in my shavin' mirror,

She is in my coffee cup.

I must be in love or else I'm goin' mad.

I would like to write to Bonnie,

Tell the girl the way I feel.

But I'm better with a car than with a pen.

Used to be I'm only happy when I'm set behind the wheel,

Now I don't care if I ever drive again.

That girl's got somethin'

Nothin' scares her.

Only piece of luck that's ever come my way.

Can't wait to tell her how much I've missed her.

Feelin' sorry for James Cagney,

'Cause he's never kissed her.

I start dreamin' bout my Bonnie,

Just as soon as I'm asleep.

They're the kind of dreams that keep you in your bed.

I am makin' love to Bonnie,

And that sure beats countin' sheep.

Gotta feelin' there are good times up ahead.

As soon as I finish the girls are asleep. So naturally I go and lay down to sleep on my decision. 'What am I going to do? Will they really follow through? Will Spot go through with this? What if we get roped in and the girls get hurt?' Thoughts swarmed my mind as I fell into another dreamless sleep.

(A/N: Sorry this is late Ive just been really busy now that school is starting soon)