Seize The Day

Freckles POV

Instead of going with my plan of just being straight forward like me, he absolutely had to make an entrance this time it was "Never fear Brooklyn is here!" I can't say I've never hated something but I can say that I hated that with every inch of my being. However I stuck with my plan.

(Flashback to the night before)

I had two other girls with me on my way to Manhattan, Charlotte and Blaze. They were my most trusted so I knew that they wouldn't let me embarrass myself.

"So Brooklyn Heights, you in?" Jack asked

"What do ya think, Blaze? Char?" I said as I turned to them

They nodded, I spit shook with him. "I'll be here in the morning" I added

(End of flashback)

Soon enough here I was getting blood on my hands. My favorite part to be totally honest. However it's not as fun when you can get hurt too. I see my newsies doing really well, and I'm really proud, but when I look at Jack's newsies I feel bad. But back to the fight, while I threw a punch at a goon I feel somebody push me to go visit Jack in the middle of a fight, I know that I never told ANYONE especially Spot that they could touch me. So immediately I shove him back with a dirty look as I continued to beat some ass.

By now, all the goons ran off and we were celebrating, soon enough I feel Jack wrap his arm around my waist to make sure I'm in the picture when Denton takes it. I blush but look at the camera. For once I decided to not deny his touch, because when I felt it I immediately felt safe and secure. So I left it. Once we managed to get out of the square we went over to Tibby's eventually I managed to live with my new scars from the fight. 

Denton waltzed in with a pape to which I smiled and grabbed it first. As soon as it was in my grasp I was ambushed with sweaty boys as they snatched it from me. 

I giggled and handed it to Jack. Spot decided to push me over just to asked "Where's me pitcha? Where's me pitcha?" I rolled my eyes at him. "Stop thinkin' 'bout yourself Spot, you ain't special" I said harshly he scoffed and shrugged. They all started dancing and singing about their wishes but were surprised when I joined in after we were done they said "Wait Freckles, you dance??" 

"Of course, it's all good fun!" I snorted 

They looked at me like I was crazy "I said you never see the me inside of me do you? Then again nobody does" I giggled sadly. I walked off to the back and watched them have fun, when I heard something about a rally.

"Uhm, Jack I don't think that's such a good idea" I said

(A/N: feel free to comment if you see references to other musicals or movies in this book!)