Scarlet

"Scarlet!" Wolfe says with an exasperated sigh.
I sit up a little too quickly hitting the back of my wooden chair hard. Papers to fly off the table, dress designs and guests list fluttering to the ground like leaves in autumn."Ugh," I groan and rub the back of my head where I hit it on the chair. 

"What?"

"Stop falling asleep, if we want to stay in the schedule we need to make these decisions tonight."

"Uh-huh," I mumble laying my head back down on the table and closing my eyes.

"Scarlet..." He says a little more sternly this time.

"Mmmhmmm?" 

"Honey, come on, we only have a little bit left." He says poking me in the ribs and I squirm away from him. "Would it help if I made you some tea or something?"

 I turn my head so that it's facing him. "Probably." 

"Alright," He says and walks over to the stove to turn on the kettle. 

"Wolfe darling, I love you. You know I love you, and I'm so excited to be marrying you but we have only been engaged for 2 weeks.Can't we wait till later to do this? I mean is it that important what kind of flowers I have in my hair?" I ask, honestly, I'm so tired and don't want to deal with this. 

"I know we have only been engaged for two weeks but we are getting married in another two." He says as he opens the cupboard and takes out two mugs. He turns to face me his green eyes staring intensely at me."And yes it matters I want this to be the best day of your life."

"Any day I get to spend with you is the best day of my life," I say and smile. As he pours the water into the mugs and brings them over to the table. "However... Isn't there something... more fun we could do with our time?"

"Scar I know you want to sleep but for real, roses or daisies?" He says holds up one of each flower.

I roll my eyes and glance at both. "I don't know, and I don't care," I say and yawn, and bring my cup closer to my face letting the steam and aroma hit me and I smile letting it take over my senses.Wolfe smiles at me and taps my nose sitting back down. 

"Well I know and I care so we are going with daisies they will look beautiful with your hair."

"Alright alright, whatever you want," I say taking a sip of my tea. "How many more decisions do we have to make tonight?"

"Only two more what kind of flowers do you want on the tables? And do you want to have open seating or decided seating?"

"Alright, I can manage two more," I say with a sigh. "Well our colors and white and purple right?" 

"Yup." Wolfe says popping the 'P.' Then takes a sip of his tea. "So do you want them to match our theme?"

"Umm yeah, maybe purple flowers? We could pick some lavender from out back and put them in little vases or something. How does that sound?"

"That sounds perfect," Wolfe says and kisses my nose. "Just like you."

"Wolfe stoop! I'm too tired to be blushing!" I whine and then start blushing.

"Sorry, sorry! You're just so beautiful." He says and smiles. 

"That's not helping!!" I say blushing more and lightly smack him on the arm. I put my face into my hands. 

"And smart, and kind, and brilliant, and-"

"I probably look like a tomato!"

"That's okay I love tomatoes and I love you, it's a combination of my two favorite things!""Ugh! Alight alright. I made the last decision what do you think about the seating?" I ask, taking my face out of my hands to look at him. 

"Honestly I don't know, if we have open seating then there will be more people who can meet each other, but we are going to have quite a bit of royalty at this wedding and there may be some people in this town who would want a bit more, you know structure so that there are fewer people coming up to them asking for pictures or whatever."

"That's a good point... so, assigned seating?"

"Sounds like it."

"Oh, stars that's going to be so much work!" I say and put my head back in my hand. 

"Oh honey," Wolfe says coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. "It'll be okay. We can figure that out in the morning, okay?" 

"We can go to sleep?" I say turning my head to look at Wolfe. Wolfe turns his and gives me a quick kiss. 

"Yeah, we can go to sleep." He says and, smiles at me.

"I love you." I say, "not just because of this but it's a contributing factor."Wolfe snorts. "Yeah whatever you say." 

He says and takes my now empty mug off the table and throws the empty tea bag in the trash. He puts our empty mugs in the sink and fills them with water. I know it's bad but all I can think of is how cute is when he does domestic things like this, but after fighting a war together it's nice to do enjoy the little things in life. He grabs my hand pulling me up from my chair. 

We walk to our room which used to be Grand Meres room. After Wolfe moved in we decided to move in here because it's significantly larger than my old room is. We, of course, had to give it an intense makeover because for a while I cried every time I walked in here. However, now there is all new furniture and curtains, we moved Grand Meres old furniture to my old room because I couldn't bear to part with it just yet.

Wolfe guides me to our bed where I lay down and wait for him to climb in so I can curl into him. "I love you." He whispers into my ear as he starts to run his fingers through my hair. He smells like a mix between the tea we just drank and the vanilla soap he loves so much.

"I love you more," I say as I snuggle closer to him. 

He wraps an arm around my waist and I feel his warm breath on my neck as he gives me a soft laugh."Scarlet... that's not even possible."

 I bite my lip and smile, too tired to argue with this. I close my eyes, and savor this moment, feeling safe, warm, and happier than I ever thought I could be. After only a few minutes I drift off to sleep.