Cinder

"Still no news?" I ask the nurse.

"Not since the last time you asked my queen." She says with a sad smile. I sigh, Kai come up behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"Everything will be fine," he says. "She might just be dehydrated or something like that." I nod a little bit. I know he is trying to help but I'm really worried. Winter was the first real family that I have, and biologically the only family I have left. I can't lose her... I just found her. What if she's sick, what if she's dying, no one knows what the long term effect of lunar sickness is.

"No, I know that look, you are spiraling." Kai says to me. "She will be fine, I promise."

"But what if she's not?" I ask.

"She will be, we have the best doctors on Luna working with her. And once they know you will be the first they tell."

"Kai she just passed out, what is that? What does that mean?"

"Cinder." He says sternly.

"Okay, okay." I say and pull myself out of his arms. "Should I call Scar? I'm sure she would want to know..."

"Scarlett has enough on her mind with the wedding, let's let her know when we know what's going on. There is no need for her to worry unessicarily if it might be nothing." Kai says. "And you pacing a hole in that carpet isn't doing anyone any favors."

"Ugh." I groan. "I hate that your so logical."

"It's a gift and a curse." He says, I roll my eyes at him. "Maybe you would do better with a distraction hm?"

"Probably, and I have a lot to do. I could do some work maybe. I'm sure there is something I can." I say. I gesture over to the servant in the corner who I now realize had to witness my mini-melt down. She hurries over and curtieses to me.

"Hi," I say awkwardly, "is there anything that I need to do that doesn't require votes from the princess. As you know she is currently you know... indisposed."

"Of course your majesty," she says to me, "you have a dress fitting that you need to go to."

"Oh..." I say. "Right, well can you fetch iko for me then, she has a knack for these types of things."

"Of course your majesty." The servant says and scurries off.

I turn to face Kai, "aren't you proud of me? I'm distracting myself just like you suggested!"

"I am proud of you, however you did pick one of the very few things I'm not really supposed to be with you for." He says.

"I think you'll get over it, besides don't you have a whole other kingdom to run? That's a lot of work too. Go do that."

"Fine," he says and pouts, I kiss his pouted lip and turn and walk out of the room to see Iko come toward me. She is wearing her favorite body, dark skin, dark curly hair that is put into buns on the sides of her head, along with a yellow dress.

"You sent for me your majesty," she says the sarcasm dripping off her lips.
"Don't you start with me," I say with a slight smile and playfully push her away. She makes a laugh like sound that I wasn't even aware robots could make. "I'm going to a dress design thing for Scars wedding and I figured you would know what I should wear."
"Well you came to the right person for this, because you my friend," Iko says pointing a thin finger at me, "are absolutely hopeless when it comes to fashion."

I gasp, and pretend to be offended. "Rude, how dare you?"

"Something tells me that you'll get over it." Iko says and shrugs grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the dressing rooms.

After what felt like hours of Iko bossing around a few Poot dress makers she was finally satisfied with the result, and I have to admit she has a talent.

My dress was burgundy red, just a bit darker than the color of lunas flag, with a halter top, and open back. It had a lace skirt which went all the way to the floor. It was lovely and Iko had decided that I would wear gold jewelry to accent the burgundy dress and again to show off the colors of Luna.

Though the stylists advised against it I decided that I would not glamor any part of myself for Scarlets wedding, I didn't want to draw any unneeded attention to myself on her big day. Also I was there for Scar and Wolfe who had both seen me at my worst so putting on a disguise would feel wrong. At the end of the session I looked lovely if I do say so myself.

I smile at myself in the mirror while Iko barks orders at the servants about the finishing touches when another servant bursts in.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you your majesty." The young man says as he throws open the door. He is out of breath and panting heavily. "It's just... the princess is awake."

I gasp, and Iko grabs my hand. "Thank you." Is all I manage to get out, before attempting to get off the podium. The maids quickly take me out of my new dress and put me into my regular clothes.

All while they are doing this my anxieties about Winter come back in full force. Is someone hurting her? Will she be okay? How could I be so selfish as to go to a dress fitting when she is unconscious in the hospital wing?

As soon as I'm out of my garments I'm racing down the halls with Iko at my heels, hoping to be the first to know what happened to her. I burst into the hospital wing and a nurse points the way to Winters room. I rush to her door and try to calm myself. I take a deep breath and slowly open the door to stick my head in. What I see is in no way what I expected.

I see Winter sitting up in her bed with maids surrounding her, one wiping her forehead with a damp cloth, another fluffing a pillow behind her. Behind me I hear someone clear their throat. I spin around to see the doctor, Doctor Martinez I believe. I quickly open the door the rest of the way and usher Dr. Martinez in.

As we walk in Winter looks up to see the doctor and me and flashes us her beautiful smile. The nurses hurry out of the room as the doctor puts on his glasses and looks at his clipboard and I sit down anxiously in one of the chairs in the room.

"Well, your majesty," he says looking at Winter. "It would apear you had a panic attack."