Winter

Nearly a month has passed since we ended Levanas' reign, and I've never been happier. Though I wrongly assumed that once she was gone everything would be perfect. Its much better, Jacin and I can talk to each other while he is on his shift, and while in the middle of all the chaos brought on a whirlwind of romance for us. Honestly, though, I'm just glad to have my best friend. It's not like I would be opposed to being with him but wit everything that's happened I want to do more with my life.

 I always assumed that Levana would force me to end up with someone from the court and live my life under the protection of a royal guard, but now? Well, I want to do something more! Travel Earth, protect Luna, be my hero, and I love Jacin, I truly do but... every time I'm around him he treats me like a girl made of ice and snow, ready to crack and shatter at any moment. I think I might be ready for some reality. So maybe we aren't meant to be lovers, but friends? There is no question on that part.

Speaking of friends I now get to speak to Scarlet-friend every day. It is a true joy because I get to be there with every step of the way as she plans her wedding. She has even asked me to be her maid of honor! I could not be more excited, she calls me every day telling me about more wedding details. Just this morning we talked about how they are going to have assigned seating rather than what she calls 'do it yourself seating.'

But not everything that glitters is gold. For example, bio-electricity dampener. They found the blueprints thanks to Levana, but getting it to me is taking longer than I thought it would. It's going to be three months until they come out with the final model and then another six before the preliminary testing is over...

However my Lunar sickness has gotten a bit better, now not all of the walls are bleeding. In fact, all of the hallucinations have been in quite a bit nicer... Instead of the blood seeping through the walls drowning all of us in death and despair, the castle snows. Of course, I have no idea what real snow looks like let alone feels like, but I don't mind the change. Even now as I sit at Cinders left side crystalline pieces of ice float down onto her dark hair, the contrast is stark but it looks nice.

"Winter." Cinder says I snap out of my trance.

"Yes, my queen?" I say instinctively, she visibly cringes at her title. Even though she has asked me so many times not to call me that I can't seem to stop.

"We were wondering how you felt about attempting to grow new food on Luna? Perhaps a greater variety of fruits and vegetables? Things that would be more nutritious for everyone but particularly the people in the outer sectors." Cinder glances at Kai and he gives her a small nod that you might not even notice if you weren't paying close attention. She relaxes a bit and then looks back at me expectantly.

"I'm sure that would be what people would want. I approve of this course of action wholeheartedly," I say and flash her a smile. Now that Levanas' reign of terror is over, there have been quite a few changes. The main one being that now every decision made has to be approved by three people, Cinder, the 'Earthen Ambassador' and me.

The current 'Earthen Ambassador' is Kai until Earth elects someone else to fill that role. The reason I get the honor of approving decisions is that I'm what Cinder is calling, 'the peoples' ambassador.'

About a week into Cinders reign she decided that total power was a little too intense for her. Though while Kai and I both insisted that she would do what is best for Luna she decided that she needed help making decisions. So the first election ever to be held on Luna was held, the election for 'the people ambassador,' and for some reason that is beyond me, the people picked me.

So for the past 2 1/2 weeks every law, ordinance, and menu, has had to go through all three of us.

Cinder glances at Kai and says, "would it be possible for New Beijing to supply a few new crops to help us get started?"

Kai laughs and takes her hand, "I'm sure something could be arranged."

"Lovely!" Says the woman in front of us who I suppose has been giving us proposals. Her glamour shows that her hair is black tied up into a bun. She has olive skin and big bright violet eyes, I think her name is Lydia. "Now what kind of crops would we want to import? New Beijing has many crops to pick from, tomatoes, pears, cucumbers..."

CRASH

There is a loud noise, maybe one of the guards had dropped something... or maybe... I can't think. I can't see. I can't breathe. Blood rushes to my face and my breathing suddenly becomes ragged. My hands start to shake and blood pounds in my ears. My vision swirls and I become dizzy.

I can't be here. I need to get out. I try to stand but stumble, then someone's hands are on me.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I scream. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

I blindly try to push away whoever is grabbing me. I'm trapped, I can't breathe. I need to get out. I need to get out. I need to get out.

My legs are jelly they can no longer support me. While I don't feel myself fall but I know I did because I hit the floor. I'm shaking, my chest hurts. I don't know when I started crying but the tears are already far down my face and my nose is running. I cry and cry until I have no tears left.

I hear Cinder run up to me her foot steps echoing in my ears. I see her mouth moving but can't hear a word she's saying. I feels like I'mm underwater. Kais' arms are supporting my body, then my vision gets spotty, and my eyes roll back.

Everything goes black.