□ Chapter 10 □

□ Omniscient Narrator □~~~~~~~~~~□ Now Starting Fresh □

~~~~~~~~~~
□ Now Starting Fresh □

Two years had passed since Noah's arrest, and Harry had grown accustomed to life at the mental hospital

Two years had passed since Noah's arrest, and Harry had grown accustomed to life at the mental hospital. He talked about his trauma with a doctor other than Dr. Heart, and the doctor simply listened and didn't offer advice. That was what Harry needed: Someone to listen to him instead of talking about ways to deal with it. Talking helped lift some of the stress off his shoulders. Slowly, Harry recovered from his trauma.

The fear would never leave him, but he'd be human again. He'd never be whole, but that seemed to be the first step to moving on. Noah was tucked away in prison, and he'd accepted his punishment. Noah had known that he was abusive. Jail time wouldn't change him, but he'd learn from his mistakes as best he could.

Harry didn't know what became of Dr. Heart and Reginald. The doctor didn't want the cousins to see Harry for fear that he'd fall back into a frightened state. Harry didn't disagree with the doctor's reasoning. That seemed to be the best course of action. Harry didn't want to relapse because of all the progress he'd been making over the two years.

Harry gained control over his cryokinesis and chose to write about his experiences. The doctor agreed happily, providing him with a notebook and pencils. Harry wrote whenever he could, letting out every bit of terror he'd ever felt onto those pages. He completely forgot about college, deciding to kickstart his writing career. As soon as he got out, he'd type it up and print it; he'd send it to publishers.

As soon as Harry was released from the hospital, he placed his notebooks into his suitcases, and the doctor gave him a drawstring backpack to put the other notebooks in. The other patients said "goodbye" to Harry as he left. The first thing Harry did was walk to the coffee shop. Reginald still worked there and gave customers their orders. Harry put his items underneath the table and walked up to the counter, ordering a white chocolate caffè mocha with whipped cream. He sat back down, opening up a notebook and beginning to write.

Reginald gave him his order, biting his lip nervously. He hadn't seen Harry in two years. His hair was the same length as it had been two years ago, and he was clean-shaven. Harry was writing in a notebook—one of many, it seemed. When he left, he had two suitcases.