17

The police didn't take a few minutes, it actually took them an hour or so to get there. Once Mark had reached his office they were just coming down the hall.

He holds the door of his office open to allow the officers in. There was another person who looked like a lab researcher come in.

Hello. I am Dr. Mark Tuan. I called in. This is my coworker Dr. Jackson Wang.

Nice to meet you doctor Tuan. I am detective Kim Donghyok. This is my partner Koo Junhoe and this one of the lab technecians, Lee Siyeon. They shake each other's hand as they are being introduced.

Well. Uh what can you do?

Yes, so basically my partner and I, starts out detective Kim, searched for the case of Min Yoongi and we found it in Daegu. So we had a copy of the file faxed over. Apparently the perpetrator has never been found. And Mr. Min believes the perpetrator is you Mr. Wang.

Okay. Says Jackson. But I have never been to Daegu.

Sure. Says detective Koo

I need a DNA sample from you Mr. Wang. Siyeon then hands Jackson a tube. Fill this up to the line with saliva.

Jackson does as told. He fills it up to the line and hands it back over the technician.

Thanks you. Says the technician as she seals up the tube and places it in an plastic evidence bag. The results are to be back in the next 1 to 3 days. The rape kit is on the way here from Daegu. I am just hoping that the kit has been preserved well enough.

-

So what else did you and Yoongi do when y'all lived together?

We would play games too. Like we had a gaming console and board games. Says Yeri. I usually wouldn't play with the console because I suck at video games.

Oh we also did lots of karaoke with the karaoke machine we have. Says Wheein. And I think that is one of the best memories that I have.

Yeah and we also wrote or arranged the music for the church. Says Sunmi. That was always fun. Wheein and Yeri would sometimes sneak into the choir and sing. I did that sometimes too.

It seems like it was fun, we should go to karaoke room once Yoongi gets out if you all are still here. I used to go with my friends, before one inherited their farm and the rest also got jobs.

That would be fun. Says Yeri.

-

Yoongi sits on the bed staring at the wall. There is a knock at the door. He doesn't say anything thing. The therapist comes in.

Hi. Min Yoongi?

Yoongi shakes his head.

I am a therapist. My name is Lee Hyebin.

Hi.

She sits on the chair that is up against the wall. She then takes out her pen from her pocket and opens up her notes.

I'm just going to take notes and ask you questions. Okay? Says Hyebin. Just answer as best as you can.

Yoongi shakes his head.

Have you ever seen a counselor? You seem a little nervous.

No I haven't. I have wanted to but i never had the courage to do so, me always thinking it is my fault and just leaving it at that.

With the fault you have on yourself, how did it develop how did this problem evolve or come to be?

Well. I uh...

Hyebin shakes her head. In a way of showing to continue or listening.

I was raped. Four years ago. I was cut up, I thought I was going to die. I believe it is my fault because I feel I did something bad and it is a punishment from God. I don't know what it is though.

If you don't know what you did wrong  then you probably didn't do anything wrong. What happened to you isnt your fault. But how do you try to overcome it and how does it affect you.

I feel self conscious I guess like when I see the scars. The scars. But then I have nightmares sometimes. I don't know.

When having these nightmares how do they feel, how do they make you feel?

I guess it makes me scared. I usually dream about them coming back and hurting me. The thing they said when they left is what gets to me. They said 'Sugar I will come back and finish you off.' Yoongi shivers. That just rings around in my head.

With this, how do you deal with that when you get nightmares?

I sleep with someone. I sleep with a friend. When I did sleep alone for the first time in a while I just broke down and which is why I am here.

How is your over all mood? How does what you do daily affect you?

I am over all just so so. I don't feel happy, I mean I smile and laugh with my friends but to me it doesn't feel genuine, it feels weird. Sad or anger I feel sometimes as well.

If you could make everything in your life possitive im an instant which things would you change? Do you set possitive goals for yourself?

I would change me not being able to sustain my emotions.

(TO BE CONTINUED)