49. The Past and The Present

Wow! Almost nearing 50th chapter of his RagSan fic. 😍

Also, assume the Gadodias as Christians, since I'm mentioning the cemetery.

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 49 - The Past and The Present

"Hey there Swara. It's me, Ragu. Look who I brought today to meet you." Ragini smiled as she laid the flowers in front of the tomb. "Laksh is here to visit you."

Laksh stepped forward and crouched beside Ragini, looking at Swara's name engraved on the tomb. "Hello there buddy. I...I hope where ever you are, you're happy. You deserve to be." Laksh managed a small smile, but it was filled with sorrow.

Everytime he thought about Swara, he was reminded of that day.

That horrific day.

*flashback*

The gun dropped from Adarsh's hand in shock. "Wh-what? What happened?!"

Laksh chuckled. "Checkmate big brother. I was always good at chess at you anyway."

Adarsh looked at Sanskar who stood without harm.

Swara walked closer to Ragini and hit her lightly on the shoulder. "Ragu, you shouted for nothing. The gun was empty. It was just to scare Adarsh and make him admit the truth."

"But...but you seemed so scared right now!" Parineeta shouted at Laksh. However, on seeing Laksh's smirk, it dawned on her. "It was all an act?! Everything?!"

"Yep! So that you admit the truth." Mani uttered as he brought in the police constables. "Everything you had said has been recorded and witnessed. Now you're going behind bars losers."

The constables came and put the cuffs on Adarsh. "You're under arrest Mr. Adarsh Maheshwari. You too Mrs. Parineeta Maheshwari for assisting your husband in attempt to swindle the property from your father." he signalled the female constable to arrest Parrineeta.

"No! You can't do this to me! No! Let go! Let go of me!" Parineeta bit the lady and tried to run. However, the other constables chased her down.

Although they managed to catch her, they failed to notice Adarsh take advantage of it. As the policeman was distracted he quickly took out the gun from his waist and shot without a warning at Sanskar.

He was sure it wouldn't miss since everyone was distracted. However, he didn't realize Swara was alert.

It was only after the gunshot that everyone looked towards him. The constable managed to punch him in the face and wrestle away the gun.

However, it was too late.

*flashback end*

Laksh balled his hands into fists. "I'm sorry Swara. I should have been alert. I shouldn't have let my guard down!"

Ragini placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey it's not your fault. I've told you this many times Laksh. I don't think Swara would ever blame you. I...I feel her absence as much as you do. Maybe even more. But I don't blame you or Mani bhai for it. It was your plan, yes. But Swara's death isn't your fault. She would have said the same if she were here."