Hooked

Anaurora ran her fingers through the thick, sweet-smelling locks of her sunset hair, luxuriating in the intoxicating scent that surrounded her as she stroked the soft, shimmering waves. Her hair, the color of grapefruit and mango with an aroma far sweeter than the ripest mandriss blossom, rippled with a mesmerizing shine, the glittering light that reflected in sparkling patterns and shifting hues so beautiful it was almost enough to entrance even her.

Her sisters had descended on Peter Pan and his new companion with jealous, hungry zeal, but she was content to watch from a nearby rock at the lagoon's mouth, intoxicated with her own perfume.

The colorful waves fell gracefully over her curves. Her warm brown skin glittered bronze in the evening sun, more brilliant than a treasure hoard. And Captain James T. Hook's heart practically stopped at the sight.

He stood atop the prow of one of the Jolly Roger's longboats, Mr. Smee at the oars and Tiger Lily tied up in the boat.

Eyes fixed on Anaurora and mouth agape, Hook got Smee's attention with a succession of light but urgent taps taps with his hook on the first mate's shoulder.

"Stop rowing Smee," Hook said.

"B-b-but Captain, I thought you said—"

"And I said stop rowing, Smee," he hissed, "So stop rowing, Smee!"

"A-aye-aye, captain, sir!"

The captured princess squirmed in the bottom of the Jolly Roger's longboat.

"Silence her!" Hook hissed, "Or we'll be fishbait for sure!"

"I'm sorry, Miss Tiger Lily," Smee said as he gagged the princess. She glared at him, but stopped struggling. "Captain's orders."

"What's the matter, Cap'n. You look pale as a ghost!"

"We may be ghosts yet," Hook said, "If we don't leave now."

"B-but Captain, we only just got here. What's the point in bringing Tigerlily all the way out here if..."

"The lorelei, Smee! Look!"

And look Smee did. But once he had looked he couldn't stop looking. She basked alone atop a white rock. Luxurious waves of pink and orange fell with exquisite grace over the sleek curve of her back and over the mounds of her breasts, the lush swirl pooling on the rock around her. She sang softly, the notes carrying on a slight breeze to them with a sweet, inviting scent.

"Well I'll say," Smee said, wringing his cap nervously, "She is quite beautiful, isn't she, captain?"

"Y-yes," Hook said, with an uncertain quaver in his voice, "The lorelei is quite beautiful, and so is her song. That is how they get you."

"But captain," Smee said. Love for the beauty before them filled his heart. "That's just a mermaid."

"Just a mermaid!" he chortled, "And I'm just a pirate!"

"Aye, but might she be the playful type? You know they're afraid of pirates, and you are the most fearsome pirate of them all."

Hook tried to look stern but he couldn't help smiling like a cat with a saucer full of cream at the compliment.

"She may be beautiful, Mr. Smee, but the loreleis are friends of Pan," Hook said. Mr. Smee pulled his eyes away from the mermaid to face his captain.

"She seems sweet enough," he said, "Maybe the mermaids are just friends with anyone who let's them be."

"Don't be a fool! Her beauty has already beguiled you. The loreleis are dreadful creatures, ten times worse than even the crocodile."

"I don't know about that, Captain..."