I Was Right

A/N: Here's to new adventures everyone! Enjoy!

------

Joan Groody--the reporter of the live TV show Groody to the Max--crept down the passageway of the sewers under New York City, her cameraman following behind closely, looking around wearily while trying to keep the camera trailed on the newswoman. Joan peaked around the corner they came upon, and once seeing it was clear, turned it. 

“You all may be wondering why I'm down in the sewers,” She said into the microphone in her hand quietly. “The answer is simple; there have been some strange reports going on down here. My intention is to find out what exactly has been causing those reports, since no one else has wanted to do it. Is it unsanitary? Maybe. But it will be worth it if we manage to catch anything.”

The cameraman rolled his eyes. He could've done other things than wasting his time and talents following around a crazy lady that thinks leprechauns are real. He didn't know what he was getting himself into when he signed up for this job. He was promised adventure, new discoveries, but so far the only discovery that they made was of Trash Man and all the invasions of the alien brains. Everything else had been misleads, especially of the story of mutant ninja turtles. Seriously? What kind of nonsense was that? He knew that was the real reason as to why they were down there-- and he bet his boots so did the people watching. She wanted to prove to the world that she was right, no matter how many fans she lost, no matter how many times she'd been called crazy. Joan said so herself to him. He just found it pointless. There was no such thing. 

Or so he thought. 

Joan stopped suddenly, holding up a hand and looking down a sewer with train tracks going down it. “Wait. Listen.” She whispered. 

The cameraman strained his ears, but he didn't hear a thing. She really must be going insane. He thought bitterly when she moved forward, slower than before. 

The silence was supposed to be intense, especially with the way Joan was moving. Body tensed, footstep after footstep gently meeting the concrete ground. And at first, all the cameraman felt was annoyed. He took a breath and opened his mouth to say something (Which went against the very meaning of being a cameraman, since they were supposed to be unknown and quiet, but he really couldn't take anymore of this), but then a voice, as loud and clear as day, echoed from the depths. He didn't know what was said. 

But they both stopped. 

Joan looked behind at the camera after a second, an excited gleam in her eyes and a grin stretching her lips apart. She made a jerk motion with her head; move

The cameraman couldn't help but get excited himself. Logic said it could've just been another human being. Maybe a worker trying to fix a broken pipe. But the other adventurous side of him told him that maybe, just maybe, Ms. Groody wasn't crazy after all. So he followed as she crept closer to where they heard the voice coming from, allowing himself to slip into the tension. They stayed close to the railroad next to them, and that seemed to have been the right thing to do. There were more voices, he was sure of it. And he could make out what they were saying. 

+-+-----------------

“Mikey!! You cheated!” Raphael roared, throwing the game controller onto the couch and sending a glare of daggers at his younger brother. 

“Nu-uh!” Mikey retorted. “You just can't handle being a loser! Raph's a soreee loooserrrr~~!” He taunted with a teasing grin, pointing up at the hot-head. 

Raph scowled and narrowed his eyes. “I won't be the only one who'll be sore.” He pounced off of the couch like a cat. “C'mere!!!”

Mikey yelled out in fright and tried to scramble up to his feet to run away, but was too slow. Raph caught him, wrapping a tight arm around his neck and pinned him against himself. Mikey struggled to break free, grasping his brother's arm desperately.