Ride

A/N: Aaaaaa sorry you guys. I've been hit with major writers block and all of my stories have been on hiatus. DX BUT. I swear I am NOT giving up on them any time soon!! I love writing too much to let it go, and I am determined to get through this! So I hope this chapter was worth the wait!!! ^3^ Enjoy!!!!

The turtles had climbed out of the manhole they entered the sewers from about an hour later to see that Bishop was still waiting there with his car. Not a word was spoken as they climbed in the back, making sure that they were unseen from the windows. The news of their discovery might have traveled far already, but there were probably still lots of people that had no clue on what was going on, and seeing four mutant turtles in the back of a black car would most likely end very badly. 

The ride to their destination was long, silent, and weary. Mikey hugged onto Ice Cream Kitty’s box as he stared down at the ground in uncharacteristic silence, Raph had his head back and his eyes closed as if trying to sleep, Donnie kept his eyes glued to his phone, fingers flying as he texted away, and Leo stared out at the window wistfully, watching as the world went by. Their silence was uncomfortable, at least to Bishop, so he decided to turn the radio on at a low volume, hoping it'd help.

But in response, Raph gave a grumpy huff and grumbled, “Does the radio really have to be on right now? Tryin’ to get some sleep here.”

Bishop frowned, but flipped the radio back off and sighed. Another few minutes passed before any of them spoke again, and this time it was Mikey, raising his head to look at the alien droid in the front.

“How much farther do we have to go?” He asked, though quieter than he normally would talk.

“About five more minutes,” Bishop responded. Then he directed his attention to Donnie. “Any word from your human friends, Donnatello?”

The indicated turtle looked up and blinked in surprise upon being acknowledged. “Huh? O-oh. Yeah. They're already there and waiting.” He went back to his phone. “They found a shortcut somehow.”

Bishop smiled just a bit. “Wouldn't be surprised if it was April’s doing.”

He didn't get a response. 

How did Splinter deal with these kids… He thought, shaking his head a bit as he pulled into an exit on the highway. 

It might've only been a twenty minute drive, but it felt like an eternity because of their silence. And while Bishop knew the reason behind it and sympathized with them, he only wished he knew how to make them feel better. 

+-+-----------------

April watched Casey pace impatiently in front of her as she leaned against the side of the private jet. The police officer that had taken them to where they were now stood to her left, looking out into the open wheat field with a watchful gaze. She herself had secretly opened her mind up, hoping to feel some sort of sign that their friends would arrive soon, and also in case anyone.. Unexpected happened to show up.

“Ugh, come on where are they?!” Casey finally cried, throwing his hands into the air dramatically. “We've been here for like… Five hours now! I'm getting tired of waiting!”

April rolled her eyes at his exaggeration, but then straightened upright when she felt a familiar prick of her mind, and her ears picked up the light sound of a car engine. Immediately, she reached out and pushed farther, and sure enough, it was the Turtles. She smiled a bit, glad to know that they had gotten there safe and sound, but it left her face when she sensed a heaviness to their minds. A sad, distraught heaviness.