Ch.8

Jumping into the water, I quickly chased after her. With a few powerful strokes I was already on her tail. Y/n's face was priceless, when she looked back and saw me a few feet away from her, she looked shocked. She tried Swimming faster and she did widen the gap a few meters, but sadly her tail wasn't made for speed. She was using a lot of stamina to speed ahead, while I use just a few strokes to easily keep up, without breaking a sweat. This went on for a couple of minutes, at this point she knew I was toying with her. I smirked with a new found confidants. I slowly and effortlessly started closeing the gap between. I looked at y/n to see her reaction , but she looked at me and smirked. The next thing I knew she vanished like she wasn't even there. I stopped and looked around.

"T-that Just Playing Dirty!" I shouted for her.

There was a few minutes of silence until I heard giggling. I turned around and y/n was hiding behind some coral. She had a playful smirk on her face. But before I could chase her again she disappears. This was not fair at all. Looking around closely I could see a very transparent outline of y/n dashing around the coral. I snuck behind y/n making sure she lost sight of me. When I was close enough I tackled her on too the soft and squishy sand below.

When I opened my eyes all the blood went striaght to my face. I was on top of her. My face was so close to her chest. I quickly got off of her and covered my face out of embarresment. I was lucky she was wearing a tube top so I can't see her I umm chest.

"I-I'm so sorry y/n it -" " looks like you bet me.. This time," she said with a tired smile.

"How did you find me?" She asked curiously.

"Well I wasn't able to see you, but I saw a vague silhouette of your figure," I explained.

Y/n seemed fascinated and listened closely.

"Wow you got some sharp eyes," y/n compliments.

I smiled at that complement. I scooted closer to y/n to close the space between us, as y/n rested her head on my shoulder still collecting her breathe. We enjoyed our comfortable silence when in the distance, there was singing. It's tone was up bet and cheerful. Before I could ask y/n about the light was suddenly blocked out. I looked up to see a large pod of sirens swimming over us. Some of them were singing while others seem to be making whale calls. Y/n looked excited and pulled me out of my trance.

"W-what's going on?" I asked her.

"Come on! There going to the mackerel rush," she explained.

With haste we followed the siren pod as they swims across the coral and stop near the drop off. They suddenly went silent, looking out into the distance, and seemed to be waiting for something. A lot of shadowy figures appeared out of the distance, useing my sharp vision I could see what was coming. Orcas, and lots of them. Mer people saw all predictor animals as rival's and we would constantly fight them off, I wonder if sirens are the same. The orcas approached the sirens with great speed. I was getting nerves as the too pods quickly close the gap between them.

What happened next suprised me. When the two species came together the greeted each other. Like how one would greet an old friend. I would have stayed longer but I heard my pod calling by the conch horn.

"Y/n I have to go my pod is calling," I enformed her.

"Aww already? Well see you tomorrow," y/n said and kissed my cheek.