Ch.12

Times were a changing on the Islands. Y/n was an apprentice to one of the island leaders.

Each of the 4 islands have 2 leaders, on lady and one man. The islands are Grot, Tegar, Anael, and Poseider. On y/n's Island of Anael their leaders are Grand Torino and Recovery girl.

Recovery girl is a old fairy and elf hybrid, who possessed powerful healing Magic. She is calm and collected, but has a bit of a sass too her. She has two apprentices, Momo Yaoyourozu and Y/n Aizawa.

Grand Torino is a werewolf and naga hybrid. In his wolf form some parts of his body and the top of his head have scales instead of fur. His canine teeth are sharp poisones fangs. He is the tough, strong, and fearless leader of the two. His apprentices are Shouto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugou.

These four will be trained and tought all they need too know. The job of an island leader is to manage, watch over, and protect the people of the Islands. Then during the Star Festival each of the two apprentices will battle each other for the seat their master will leave behind. Once the New leaders are decided, the old leaders give up their position. When this happens the once apprentices will kneel before their master. The masters will mark the new leaders with special ink. Painting a special symbol to represent their new responsibility and title on the young leaders forehead.

Once the new leader's are presented to the People, the main event of the Star Festival can begin.

-----

We sat and listened to Our leaders stories. I looked at the others too see what they felt. Momo and Shouto were paying close attention. While Bakugou was playing with the grass.

It's only been a year since Izuku left, and I can feel empty spot in my heart that he was supposed to fill. I'm worried too. When a siren and her mate except each other, the siren can feel and hear their mates heart beat, if they focuse on it. A couple months ago I felt a great wave of anger, saddness, and frustration. Except these emotions weren't mine, but Izuku's. I could feel and hear his fast and rapid heart beat.

It was an awkward family dinner, when I suddenly bursted into tears for no reason.

All of our friends are going through some changes. The biggest 2 are probably Katsuki and Shouto. Ever sense he started to except Yuna as his mate, once a month he goes through a rut. It take every fiber of his willpower to restrain himself from pouncing on her. Mix that with Yuna having very little knowledge on werewolf biology. Smells trouble do is not, but surprisingly that kind of situation never happened... Yet. The most annoying thing that continues to happen, is when he rubs his sent all over our house. I was out one day and got to the door of our house. When I opened the door I was hit with a strong smell of cinnamon. Not only that you could sometimes catch him rubbing up against Yuna sometimes. Covering her in his power scent of cinnamon.

Shouto was a similar yet different story. Shoto the Kistune would have heats for 3 days each month. It was strange to say the least. The calm, cool, and collected Shoto reduced to a sweaty horn ball. He had little to no control of himself when he was around Arise, his mate during this time. He has a strong sent of Smores dureing this time.

As for me, well I'm the apprentice of Recovery girl. We've been training all most everyday, other times it's attending meetings, reviewing our history, laws, public Appereance during festivals and ceremonies, and help patrolling our borders between the human island and our own. A lot of things, I just can't wait to see Izuku again.
____

The mer people quickly learned about my knowledge of my lineage. Things didn't get worse, thou their words did get more hurtful. Saying Things like 'how lucky how dominets my mother's genes were, or else I would be a monster like my father's or 'how much of a disgrace to the mermaid breed'.

I sat a bit away from my pod, to get away from all the comments and glares.

"I've seen sirens and meet them, they weren't bad at all," I whispered to my self.

"You've meet them," a low and strong voice asked me.

I turned in shock to come face to face with our leader Kaiyon. Even though he wasn't exactly in his prime anymore, he was still intimidating.

"Tell me are you particularly close to them?" He asked with a steely glare.

"N-no no. I'm not I just happened to accidentally cross paths with s-some. They didn't do anything but exchange small pleasantries,"  I denied.

"Never trust the sirens. They were the reason why the war between humans and mers eons ago," He said with pure hatred in his voice.

"They seduce their prey into darkness with their angelic voices. Cleverly, sweetly, softly, so thier true intentions aren't noticed. So the monster behind their mask remain hidden," Kaiyon said with venom in his voice.

Even thou the look on my face seemed scared, inside I was burning. How dare he say those things about
Y/n. My mother's stories were still fresh in my head, as I remembered what he tried to do to my mother back then. But I didn't have the courage to say anything. I never felt so alone and isolated. I really want to see you again y/n.

______________________________________

Thank you for ready, this chapterwas kind of filler sorry. But I hope you stick around for the next chapter.