9.

KIMBERLY.

"Bryson, when you gone get my necklace fixed?" I asked him as I looked in the mirror.

My neck looked so bare without my jewelry and it was beginnin to upset me and my homegirls. Not only that, but when Bryson pulled the necklace off of my neck dat shit burned me a little bit.

That was well over two weeks ago, so the actual marks and bruises are gone but they left tiny scars. I ran my fingers over the tiny brown slashes that were indented in my skin as I looked at them in the mirror.

I looked behind my head only to see Bryson already lookin at me through the mirror.

"Let me see." He got up and gently grabbed my face, turning my neck to an angle so that he could examine it thoroughly.

"Bryson, i'm not forcin' it cause I know it was an accident but I should really get on yo ass." I said, feelin' myself get annoyed with the situation all over again.

"On bro dats my fault, real talk. I was on some ignorant shit dat day. I keep tellin yo ass i'll never intentionally hurt you.. but a nigga gone keep remindin' you if that's what it's gone take for it to stick."

I side eyed him but I remained silent. I know Bryson would never intentionally hurt me, and I completely trust him in that aspect. Not everyone is my abusive ex, so I can't and won't walk around actin' like they are.

"Bry!" I heard Von calling out to Bryson.

"Let me go see what niggas on." Bryson said as he left out of the room and jogged down the stairs.

——
BRYSON.

I got downstairs and dapped Von ass up. It been a minute since I last saw dis nigga, mufuckas been low. I understand why doe.

"Hannin." Von greeted me.

"Shit. I can't call it. Fuck yo ass been at?" I asked him.

"I had to get some shit in order down ina A. You missed a nigga or sumn?"

I let out a light chuckle at Von funny ass. "Simp ass niggas, mane."

"Y'all be missing each other when y'all are apart. Aww," Kimberly cooed. "Bestie goals."

I shook my head at her as I got up to grab me a water bottle out the fridge. Kim started buying these good ass waters called 'Just' and now a young nigga addicted or some.

I walked in the livin' room and sat ona couch, after I grabbed a blunt and some weed off of the table. I got back up and turned the PS4 on.

"You'a roll dis up for a nigga?" I asked Kimberly, as I extended my arm, waitin' for her to grab what I was giving her.

Kim looked up and fixed her lips to say something, but I guess she decided against speakin. She grabbed the weed from me and began rolling up. I raised my eyebrows at her but remained silent.

It's rare for Kimberly to even bite her tongue for anybody. I'on know why she so damn tough and aggressive but I been tryna get her out of dat shit for a lil while now.

Don't get me wrong, cus a nigga ain't tryna change her. I'm simply doin my part as a man, and helping her to better herself, especially in the areas I know she feel insecure in. I believe in allat buildin each other up shit most mufuckas don't chat about.

"I'm about to head out for a second." Kim called out as she handed me two pearled blunts.

"Where you goin?" Von asked.

"To grab some smoke." Kimberly simply said before I stopped her.

"I left my trapper in yo shit, can you bring it to me whenever you slide again?" I asked her.