𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨

"Get ya shit and get out! I want you out my house!" Ms. Johnson yelled, as her daughter, Melody continued getting dressed. She had thirty minutes to get to work before being late.

"Ma, it's just temporary. I need this job." Melody frowned, putting her jacket on and grabbing her car keys.

"No! I want you out. I told you I wasn't gone do this. You will not have people talking about me in these streets!" She yelled, waking Melody's one year old up.

"Shit, ma you woke her up. She gone be wide awake and Ms. Anetta don't like watching her late at night when she's up." Melody fussed.

"She'll be fine but you won't, when you get back all your shit will be outside waiting on you. I've told you for the last time, you will not be working at Red Diamond and I'm serious!" Ms. Johnson yelled.

Melody grabbed her whining baby, Kinsley and rushed out the door. She was tired of her mother's nagging and plus she was now late for work as usual.

She had to hurry down the street, to the other apartments so Ms. Anetta, the neighborhood babysitter, could keep Kinsley for her like she usually did around this time.

Ever since Melody started working at Red Diamond, Ms. Anetta would watch Kinsley during the night because Melody's mother wouldn't.

Once they made it down the street, Melody quickly got Kinsley out her car seat and hurried to Ms. Anetta's front door. She knocked and waited for an answer. Ms. Anetta came soon after.

"You know I don't watch her late at night when she's up. Why you didn't make sure she was sleep first before bringing her over huh?" Ms. Anetta said, with annoyance in her voice, standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry Ms. Anetta, my momma woke her up while she was fussing and carrying on. You know how she is." Melody sighed and said.

"She still don't want you working down there?" Ms. Anetta asked.

"No, she don't but I need this money but look I'm running late and I don't need to get fired again. Just give her some milk with a lil water in it and she'll fall fast asleep." Melody said, handing Kinsley over to Ms. Anetta.

Once they was well in the apartment, Melody hurried back to her car, heading to work.

_

"Ya mama was tripping again?" Faith, Melody's work friend asked as Melody rushed into the dressing room to get dressed.

"You know she was." Melody chuckled. She quickly got dressed and did light makeup to her face. She nodded in the mirror as she thought she looked perfect.

She had already missed her time performing so she was going to give a few lap dances and private dances if the money was right tonight.

"Yo Mel, Kenny looking for you. He wants you in his office now." One of the strippers said, walking inside the dressing room. Melody let out a sigh and made her way to her boss's office.

"You're late and this is the last chance you get from me." Kenny spoke, stroking his beard as he sat back in his chair.

"I know, I know but my momma was trippin' and I had to drop my daughter off with her babysitter." Melody explained.

"That's what you said the last time and the time after that. That's it-" He said before hearing a knock on his office door.

"Who is it?" Kenny yelled, annoyed by being interrupted.