Part 4

Never before had Ozaki Kouyou felt so much out of place like she did in this very moment. The redhead stood before another crime scene, several members of the Port Mafia standing to her left and right as she took in the masses of dead bodies lying on the ground, the stench of blood hanging in the hair and intruding her sensitive nose. She was used to such sights, but for some unknown reason, this very situation was starting to make her incredibly uncomfortable. The hair on her neck rose up, a cold shiver running down her spine.

This was her daily life.

When one of the higher ups mentioned another successfully caught enemy that surely could spill a lot of valuable information after a bit of special interrogation, Kouyou could feel how everyone seemed to fix their gazes on her. Why wouldn't they? Kouyou was a master when it came to make people talk. She wasn't scared of torturing, of blood splatters, she liked the frightened stares of her victims, she enjoyed it more than anything else. She used to.

But did she still want this…?

“Kouyou-kun, I'll leave the captive in your hands, as usual,” her superior suddenly told her, his hand coming to rest on her shoulder which jerked her promptly from her thoughts. As she looked up at the man next to her, she couldn't help but shudder slightly upon his dark stare that he directed at her. “Don't lose your concentration. You've been unfocused lately.”

She nodded, “I apologize, Sir, this won't happen again,” forcing herself to meet his gaze with strong determination as she usually would. He turned his gaze away from her, squeezing her shoulder shortly before letting go of her, striding away.

“By the way, the bun you're wearing suits you.”

As Kouyou heard those words, her head immediately shot upright, her cherry red eyes staring into the back of her superior's head. She unconsciously moved her hand towards the neat bun that was held together by three golden clips, softly touching the hair. Kouyou watched the retreating figure of her superior, her stare turning into a longing one, and without really noticing it, the black uniform was being replaced by a dark blue kimono, and the broad figure formed into a much slimmer one. Promptly, Kouyou's right hand moved from the bun on her head towards the man in the kimono, reaching out to him, her eyes glowing with desire.

The man in the kimono came to stop suddenly, turning around halfway, his head turned into Kouyou's direction, deep sea blue meeting cherry red. A grin crept up the young raven-haired man's face, a grin that caused a smile to form on Kouyou's face. Then, the man turned around fully, slowly strolling to the girl who was advancing forwards as well until shouting noises erupted from behind her, bringing Kouyou back into reality as she turned around.

“Ozaki-san, we've been informed that the captive has already been brought into his cell. The other men are awaiting your return for the interrogation,” one of the Port Mafia's lower members stated with a blank expression.

“Ah… of course, I will return immediately,” she replied with a stern face, the smile that had been gracing her face having vanished in a matter of seconds.

When she turned around again, the man in the kimono had vanished. Her brows furrowed as she got moving towards her destination – another torture session.

The man she had seen just now had only been a mere vision. He was not real. The Port Mafia, however, was in fact real, she had to focus on doing her job. But still, deep down, Kouyou was longing to see him again.

~*~*~*~

Torturing someone had never been so hard for Kouyou. The stench of blood hung heavily in the air after several sessions of interrogations in the dimly lit room, which was being cleaned only once a week. Under the Boss, torture sessions have only been increasing during the months, washing away the blood from the walls having become a truly troublesome matter for the personnel.