whats going on?

one week later

LANDON'S POV

I was driving to Raf's house when I saw Hope walking on the the side of the road. I wanted to just keep going but this voice in my head told me to stop. I listened to it, and went to go check on her.

"Hope?" I said coming up behind her. "Jesus you scared the shit out of me." She told me as she was turning around. When she was completely facing me, I saw a cut on her face. "Hey, what happened?" I asked her. "Oh, nothing." She said trying to cover up the cut. "That's not nothing." I told her. "Landon, I promise I'm fine." She responded. I tried to make myself seem like I believed her even though I didn't.

I walked her back to her house just to make sure she was safe. But when we got there I knew something was up. There was about 20 cars in the driveway going onto the road. "What's going on?" I asked her. "My bother is having a party with a bunch of boys. That's why I was walking because I needed to get out for a while." She told me. "Are you sure you're going to be ok?" I asked her. I'm pretty sure she's sick of me asking questions. "I honestly don't know." She said looking down. I could tell she didn't want to go back home. "If you want to come with me you can. You don't have to stay here." I told her. "I can't, my brother would kill me." She responded. "Why you're almost 18?" I asked her. "He's overprotective." She said, but I knew she was lying. "Is He the one that did this to you?" I asked, telling myself this would be the last question I ever asked her. But she didn't respond. She just kind of stood there kicking at the dirt. I thought she blanked out for a second but I heard her sniffle. It was really dark so I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was crying. I pushed her face up to where she was looking at me and wiped her tears away. "I won't let him hurt you. You don't need to stay here." I told her. She was scared, upset, and confused. I put my arms around her and hugged her making her feel safe. She was trying not to cry and I could tell. "It's ok to cry Hope." I told her. She put her arms around me and put her face in my shoulder. She started to shiver and started to cry. I held her tightly until she felt alright again. She started to walk towards her house wiping her cheeks. I caught up with her and stood in front of her. "I look like a mess." She told me. "No you don't. Even when you're upset you're still gorgeous." I said to her. She looked up and smiled at me. "You don't need to go back in there. Like I said earlier I won't let him hurt you." I told her.

Once we got to my house I made her a glass of water and gave her a hoodie to put on. We started to watch a movie and she fell asleep on my shoulder. I pulled the blanket over her and fell asleep myself.