Chapter 2

Armin's POV

I really was an idiot for overdosing on pain killers while Iris was here. But It happened.

I was becoming fond of Iris.. She understands what no one else does.

The whole time I was being hospitalized, she was by my side. Hand in hand.

"I don't want you to get hurt or anything..." She said. "You should sleep in your own bed." I laid down and propped myself on one arm. "Wait." I said. "I need your warmth..."

She smiled and made her way, lying next to me. I could tell she was shy, but that's okay because I didn't want to move fast either. She hugged me, her head resting on my chest.

That morning, Iris announced she wanted to do whatever it is that I like to do. "Well... I like to go to the library."

"Let's go!" She tugged at me.

"Okay."

We walked to the library, hand in hand.

"What's your favorite book?" She asked.

"... That's really hard. There's this one story... It's about a boy like me"

"Well, what happens?" She asked.

"His parents die and..." My thoughts wandered.

"You've lost your parents?"

"Yeah. About 8 years ago...In a car accident. A drunk driver. I saw them all bloody in that car.... I became psychologically messed up because of it...." My thoughts wandered again.

"You're not messed up..."

I couldn't stop thinking about my parents. What we were talking about before that drunk driver hit us. How smart they were. How other people weren't.

"Hey... It's okay. I'm messed up too." She laughed.

I laughed too.

We were on our way back when we heard "Iris!"

She stopped so I did too.

It came from behind us. A guy with Black hair grabbed her hand. "Where have you been?" He looked at me. "Who is this?"

"Uhm... Logan..." She said. He tugged her. "Come on we've got catching up to do." he said.

He pulled her away, her eyes never leaving mine.

Something was wrong. I followed at a safe distance.

They went into an old and dark looking building. I tried the door but it was locked.

I started to worry after I heard her scream.