Chapter 8

Iris' POV

it's time.

My head filled with a movie. It was about a girl... it was me.

I... I wasn't alive? I wasn't human?

That's right. You are on of my angels. An angel of the Lord.

But ... What about Armin?

Tell him.

I waited til Armin got home. My anxiety had never been so high. I was gasping for breath...

The door opened. “Armin!" My face was probably a mixture of sadness and confusion. “I... I need you to sit down."

“Why?... Is something wrong?"

“Well... I need to show you something. Don't be freaked out."

I placed my hand on his. I relived my memories and the voice in my head told me Armin could see them too. I grew up in a normal family, but a common trial arose. My parents got a divorce, but it didn't stop there. I was the only child and I didn't have any friends. My mom didn't pay any attention to me. I thought a found some one who cared but he beat me, cursed at me and raped me. I stopped eating. I started cutting. After a while,I killed myself. Taking 40 pills... A week later, God told me he wanted me to teach others who were going through the same thing. Armin's parents brought the idea to me,I brought it to God and he approved.

I had a better life with Armin in four months than I did in sixteen years.

When the flash backs ended, Armin's face showed uncertainty.

He got up and I did too. Then he hugged me, almost knocking me back. “ My beautiful angel."

My wings spread. “I got your life back on track and God told me that I...I have to leave you, Armin."

He quickly broke our embrace and looked at me. “But... I'm only on track because of you... I won't be this way if you leave.." I heard tears in his voice.

“You won't remember me. You'll probably meet a different girl..."

“I don't want anyone else! I want you!"

“There's a way I can become human again. God may see it through. Even if he does,I will have to live in this body and have those memories."

“You're beautiful...and your scars are, too. We can make new memories..."

“I would definitely do it to be with you. Be patient, Armin. And keep this." I handed him the blade I used to cut. “ You'll need something to remember me by."

“I love you, iris." He said, embracing me.

"I love you, too, Armin."

I disappeared from his arms and my body became spirit. He stumbled forward, trying to catch me, but I was already gone.