Chapter 2

Today for our performance we decided on "Guns and Ships"... WHY ON THIS DAY DID THEY HAVE TO COME!!!

(She does Lafayette)

Performing is a past time of mine, I haven't auditioned for a show in years. Maybe this year will be my year.
"Alright what can I get for you this afternoon?"
They all stared at me like I was a three headed dog named "Fluffy"
"Excuse me?"
"Oh right."
While I was bringing the bill to them someone stopped me. I turned around to see Joshua Clemmings.
"Hi, what do you need?"
"I know it is you Samantha."
"What do you want Josh?"
"Just admit it to your family, I talk to Steph every day... she really misses you. After you left she named a room in the dance studio after you. Please just go home for Steph, for Ant, they really miss you."
"Maybe, now don't tell anyone about this conversation last thing I need is Ant and Steph coming here 24/7 trying to get me to break."
"They won't know what I know"
     I brought them the bill and went back to my other tables. Maybe I should go on an audition soon. They payed with cash, but there was a note on a napkin for me

"You have a great voice, keep up the great work. You'll do great things one day."

At the end of my shift I went home and got changed. I decided to call a number I haven't called in years. The dance studio. I had just rented a room actually I rented the room where it happens... just kidding I rented the one named after me.

Walking in brought so many memories. I walked up to the front desk where Kimberly sat.
"Hello I am here to check in."
She looked up.
"Samantha? Is that really you?"
"Hey, Kimmy."
"Does your sister know you are here?"
"Not really, and please don't tell her I can't deal with it right now."
"Okay but when she hears music coming from the room next door she will go to check it out."
"I know but at least she won't get her hopes up, I have changed from a few years ago. Anyways I'm gonna go dance."

I walked down the corridor to room number nine, I stretched all of my available muscles. Then, I danced the hour that I have away.

At the last song I heard someone clapping. I turned around to see who it was...

And there standing ten feet away was my older sister Stephanie.
"Hi."
"Hi Samantha."
"How did you know it was me?"
"Those were your old dances. Also Kimmy slipped."
"I knew I shouldn't have told her."
"I have a question for you. It is a 'yes' or 'no' question alright?"
"Yes."
"Will you at least see mom and dad after all this time?"
"Yes... But not right now."
"Okay."

We talked a little longer before her next class. We parted ways. The only thing I could think about is Ant and everyone. I need advice, do I still have that card Lea gave me?

||521 words||