Because I Love You

Uzumaki Naruto x Hyuuga Hinata

C h a p t e r⠀F o u r

"Time for the next turn! Tenten, you decide which girl goes next." Ino said to her, smiling. Tenten looked around the room, grinning as her eyes locked on a certain girl. "Hinata, how about you go?" Hinata flushed as she quickly glanced at Naruto. "O-Okay..." She replied timidly while Tenten snatched the bucket from Ino and held it out for Hinata. She looked at Hinata and smirked, "now take your pick.

Hinata reaches into the bucket as she carefully pulled out a piece of paper. "Hokage?" She read out. "Well I don't recall anyone in this room being the Hokage." Kiba stated with a chuckle. "There's only one person here who would go around talking about being the Hokage all day." Sasuke said apathetically, looking straight at Naruto. "What! I am definitely going to become the Hokage one day!" Naruto shouted. Hinata gave Naruto a look of adoration, she loved how Naruto was so straightforward and outgoing about his dream.

Tenten winked at you and you immediately knew what she was up to. Having Naruto and Hinata pushed into the closet together was all part of her plan. You winked back as the two of you pushed Naruto towards Hinata. "Enough talking! Now it's your turn to be in heaven." Tenten said to Hinata, grinning. You pushed the two of them into the closet and shut the door with a thump. You smiled at Tenten. "I hope this goes well." Tenten giggled, "no worries, it'll definitely be heaven for them."

Hinata stood awkwardly in the corner, fiddling with her fingers like how she always does when she's nervous. "Sorry Hinata, that you have to be locked in a closet with someone like me. I bet ya wanted to get someone else right?" Typical Naruto, he was stupid enough to still not realise that Hinata's feelings were for him and all for him. Hinata shook her head, "n-no it's not like t-that at all!" Naruto was confused but happy, "Hinata, you're a considerate person." He said with a smile. Hinata's cheeks turned pink as she looked up to see Naruto smiling at her.

"Since you picked out my piece of paper, do you want to do something with me? We're supposed to kiss and do stuff in here ya know..." Hinata turned bright red, "e-ehh??" Naruto laughed, "hehe, I'm just messing with ya. We don't have to do anything if you don't want to." Hinata gave him a look of relief and disappointment at the same time.

Time ticked away and there wasn't much more of the seven minutes left. Neither of them made a move until Hinata started talking first, unexpectedly. "N-Naruto-kun..." Naruto was taken by surprise and turned to look at her. "What is it Hinata?" A pink blush spread across Hinata's face as she took a deep breath. "I... I've always loved you." Naruto gave a look that was almost like he was sure he had hearing problems. "W-What did you say Hinata?!" Hinata looked down and blushed even harder. "I-I said I've always l-loved you, Naruto-kun." Naruto's eyes widened, he was shocked with disbelief. "Hinata... loves me?"

Hinata didn't dare look up, she was embarrassed beyond belief. "What part of me do you like...?" Naruto asked, still not quite believing what he just heard. Hinata kept silent for a moment until she started speaking, "the way how you always chase after your dreams and never give up... how you strive to become stronger everyday... seeing you gives me courage. You make me stronger, Naruto-kun... I want to stand by your side all the time... I want to be with you... because I love you." Naruto's eyes widened as he stared at Hinata in amazement. "Hinata..."

Before Naruto could give Hinata a reply, seven minutes ended as you rushed over to the closet. Naruto looked at the closet door in a fluster and turned back to look at Hinata. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead and quickly stepped away from her. When you opened the door, all you could see was a blushing Hinata and Naruto with his back turned to you. You took Hinata's hand and dragged her out of the closet. "You better tell me what happened in there later." You whispered to her, grinning.