Be My Pillow

Reader x Nara Shikamaru

C h a p t e r⠀F i v e

"It's already so late! Looks like we only have time for one more turn." Ino said unwillingly. She probably gave up on making out with Sasuke, realising that she only had tiny chance left. "Hinata, choose who's gonna be the last person to play." You said to her. "Eh, um [y/n]-chan, you can go..." You looked at her shockingly, "what, Me? Why me?" Ino pouted as she held out the bucket for you, "fine, if Hinata says so. Come on [y/n], pick one. You're the lucky last." She said reluctantly.

As reached into the bucket, you thought to yourself, "who do I want to get? Well it's not like I can choose, I shouldn't hope too much. It's the last turn though... I want to actually do something." You felt your hand grip onto a piece of paper and you pulled it out. Staring at the words on it bemusedly, you read out, "lazy."

You didn't even need someone tell you who wrote it, your gaze instantly turned to Shikamaru. "Oi Shikamaru, it's your turn. [y/n] picked out your piece of paper." Chouji's words awakened him. Shikamaru yawned, "huh? What did you say? It's my turn?" You walked over to Shikamaru and shoved the piece of paper into his face. "I got you, so stop sleeping and actually join in with the game okay Mr. Lazy?"

Shikamaru stood up incredulously, "what a drag... geez [y/n], why the hell did you have to get me?" You sighed exasperatedly, disappointed at his attitude. "I-It's not like I wanted to get you. Just join in for once okay?" You were secretly happy that you got Shikamaru since you thought he was cool, but you doubted he'd even try to do anything with you so you tried not to get your hopes up. Ino pushed you and Shikamaru into the closet, "Shikamaru! Don't make the game boring alright? Also, don't fall asleep in there."

You sat at the corner of the closet, thinking of a way to break the awkward silence. You crawled over towards Shikamaru and crouched over him. "You're planning to sleep for the entire 7 minutes, aren't you?" Shikamaru opened on eye and looked at you, "and so what if I am?" He replied insolently. You sighed as you repositioned yourself next to him. "If only I got someone else, this wouldn't be so boring..."

Shikamaru looked up at you with the always nonchalant look on his face, "you probably wanted to get Kiba huh?" You flustered, "w-what makes you think that?" Shikamaru sighed, "you're quite oblivious, it's obvious that you like him you know?" You blushed as you distanced yourself from him.

Time ticked away while Shikamaru just laid there sleeping. You had given up on fraternising with him as he spoke unexpectedly. "You owe me something, you know?" You looked at him with a confused expression, "what did I ever do to you? You're the one who owes me, since you're just sleeping here and not doing anything. I'm literally wasting my time you kno-"

Before you could finish, you felt something on your lap. "W-what? Shikamaru?" You said, blushing. He positioned his head into a comfort spot on your lap. "Because of you, I couldn't continue sleeping comfortably on the couch outside. So now you're gonna be my pillow."

You looked at him agitatedly, "w-wha... so now you're gonna use me as a pillow?! Is sleeping all you ever do? Well, I didn't expect you to do anything with me in here anyway." You said apathetically. "So you're saying you wanted me to kiss you and stuff? I'm trying to be considerate here you know... I mean, this game is stupid. Don't you think being forcefully kissed by someone you don't even like is cruel?"

You were taken by surprise, since you hadn't realised his kindness. "You always say everything's troublesome, but you're a nice person." You smiled at him as you gently placed a hand on his head. He blushed a bit since he was usually never this close to a girl. You leaned closer to him and whispered in his ear, "Also, I never said that I don't like you."

He looked straight into your eyes, startled by your comment. The next thing you knew was that a warm pair of lips were touching your cheek, "t-there! Are you happy now?" He stammered, his face was in a bright shade of pink. You felt your face heat up as it began to turn as red as Kushina's hair. "I-I never said you needed to kiss me!" You replied in a fluster, though you enjoyed it. "Well, y-you could've told me!" Shikamaru said, obviously embarrassed.

Before you had any time to distance yourself from each other, the closet door was pulled open. Ino peered in, "wha- Shikamaru! I told you not to sleep in there!" She shouted angrily, but her expression immediately changed to a smirk when she realised that he was sleeping on you. "Actually, you guys look cute like that. [y/n], what's with those bright red cheeks?" She teased. You blushed harder as you quickly distanced yourself from Shikamaru, stepping out of the closet awkwardly. "What did you do to her, Shikamaru?" Tenten asked with a grin. He turned away to hide his blush, "n-nothing." He replied.