2

Clementine ran back inside the castle and down the hall after hearing the trumpet of retreat. She knew the main gate of the castle wasn't going to hold the Raiders off for long but it was enough time to pack most of her useful and precious valuables. Dropping her blood-covered sword on the side of her bed she immediately grabbed a large brown sack and started to fill it with whatever she thought useful for surviving outside.

It wasn't until shouts of many people she knew and didn't know could be heard outside of her door did she stop to hide under her bed. Clutching her dagger tightly in her right hand, she watched as a person broke down her door and stepped inside.

"Clementine, where are you!?"

It was Lee

Sighing in relief Clementine revealed herself from under the bed. "Down here Lee!" she called back. Lee looked down at Clementine and gave her a warm smile which quickly faded when he saw that she had blood stains on her face. When Clementine got out from under her bed he notices that her clothes were also covered in blood but none of it seemingly being coming from her.

"You were out there fighting the Raiders too?!" he asked, worry covering his voice like a blanket. "Well, yeah! I wasn't going to sit here and watch my soldiers die out there when I could also help fight the Raiders off!" Clementine responded. Lee shook his head and wrapped his arms around his daughter. Although he knew that she had the finest fighting skills that the kingdom had ever seen, he couldn't help but worry about her safety.

Backing away from the hug Lee smiled "I'm going to go see how far the Raiders have gotten while you get the villagers ready for evacuation. Carley should be around in there too in case you need her assistance" Clementine shook her head slightly and chuckled "I think I'll be fine, she should go and pack for the evacuation and instead of checking the Raiders I think you should check on the soldiers first" As if on cue a soldier appeared at the doorway.

"Your Highness! Pardon my interruption sir but the Raiders are bringing more men to try to break through the castle gate! What should we do?!" Lee smiled at the soldier and started to walk out with him "Worry not for you were not interrupting anything, my friend. We were merely having a small talk" He turned around an nodded at Clementine then quickly left the room discussing battle plans with the soldier.

Picking up her sack and swinging it over her shoulder, Clementine took one last look at her room, feeling as if she may never see it again. Then she spun on her heel and left the room heading towards the entertainment room where the villagers and injured were being held to heal.

Once reaching the entertainment room Clementine noticed how little people had managed to be saved. Injured soldiers were being treated against the walls while the remaining villagers all huddled together in the middle of the room, most crying over lost friends and family while others just held on to themselves and trembled. Every single one was covered in scratches and soot. Some of the people had lost limbs or gotten severe burns and cuts.

Scanning around the room Clementine found Carley attending an elderly woman who was crying about her husband who saved her from their burning home by pushing her out the door as he got engulfed by the flames.

As Clementine walked over to where Carley was she spotted a small child who was around 5 years old huddle in a corner. His clothes were stained with soot, dirt, and blood that was not his. She stopped abruptly and noticed that the child was alone and she assumed that the poor boy had to witness his parents death which made her hatred for the Raiders to grow.

"Hey, Clem!" Carley ran up to Clementine and gave her a small smile. "Glad you could make it back in one piece" she chuckled.

Clementine smile "You knew I would make it back in one piece Carley"

"Doesn't make me and Lee any less worried about something happening to our little warrior princess" Carley responded and wrapped her arms around Clementine who returned the hug happily.

Ever since Clementine started practicing with the Knights of the Kingdom, Lee and Carley have worried for their child whenever she's out of the castle or when she's out in mini battles. The Raiders have started a war and they fear-- no they know that Clementine is a major target to the Raiders and having her out fighting those ruthless beings makes them even more worried about her being taken.

Suddenly the double doors burst open and a group of soldiers rushed towards Clementine and Carley. "Queen Carley! Princess Clementine! King Lee requests your presence immediately in the storeroom!"

-

Lee and his soldiers watched the Raiders attempt to break the main gate. He knew it would hold them out but not for long. They will eventually have to evacuate with all the remaining villagers.

He tore his gaze from the Raiders and slowly started walking towards the storeroom while his soldiers followed suit from behind. Opening the double doors he looked around checking out the horses with wagons and all the armor stacked by the walls among with the weapons. He took a deep breath and started to pack his horse with as many supplies and weapons as his horse could hold being considered of the animal.

The double doors opened once again with a group of soldiers behind Carley and Clementine looking concerned. Lee smiled and opened his arm to receive his wife and daughter in an embrace in which they gladly returned. Smiling Lee pulled away and pecked his wife's lips and kissed his daughter's forehead in which she responded by giggling. 

"We need to get ready to leave the castle. Clementine, you can put that sack you have, on your horse and get saddled up so you can be ready for when we leave." Clementine nodded and left to saddle her horse. 

"Carley, I've already packed what we need and all our supplies from the room" 

Carley smiled, "Thanks though I could have done it myself"

"Not with the little amount of time we have" Lee chuckled as Carley gave him a small pout.

Turning to his soldiers Lee ordered them to start moving the villagers to the horse wagons and get the rear castle gate prepared to open.

Clementine walked back from her horse stall confused after hearing that they were going to leave. We're they going to come back? What was their destination?

Puzzled, Clementine turned to Lee "Where will we go?" she questioned. Lee took a moment to respond.

"To King Javier"

--------------------------------------
[A/N]
AHahA ok yea second chapter woo yaa haha jesus christ... Was... This chapter ok??