6

Clementine awoke abruptly after being thrown into a wagon. She could hear shouting all around her but she didn't recognize any of the voices.

"We need to lose em idiotic bastards!" a man near her shouted to a couple of people who were getting closer to the wagon. Then she remembers. These were not her people these were her captors.

Clementine tried to sit up but since her hands and legs were tied, she didn't have much success but she managed to flip over and lean against the wooden interior of the wagon.

Shaking her throbbing head, she looked around and saw other people tired up in the wagon. Somewhere adults while there were a few children.

A man with different colored eyes saw that she was awake and got close to her. Slowly he caressed her face and gave her a dirty smirk.  Clementine struggled against the ropes to try and move away from Abel which only made Abel chuckle and hold her still.

"Yer a pretty lad ya know darlin'?"

"Fuck you" Clementine growled at the man who just laughed and covered her mouth with his hand.

"Save the sw- OW!" Abel pulled his hand back that now had a bite mark on it.

"Spawn of the devil you bitch!" he yelled as he slapped Clementine across the face who was left with a red mark on her left cheek.

The captured villagers saw that Clementine was awake and tried to aid her in escaping Abel. All of them started shouting swears at the Raiders who were struggling to fight off the swarm of children warriors.

"Tch you all are such pathetic smellfungus" mumbled Abel as Minerva jumped in the wagon from the back 

"Abel, leave them alone" she stated sternly before looking over at Clementine who was glaring daggers at both Raiders. 

Just as Minerva was about to speak, they heard Sophie give out a shriek which made her focus all her attention on her twin who had yet to board the wagon. She had an arrow in her shoulder and was attempting to take it out.

"Shit" Minerva muttered jumping off and trying to help her twin, ignoring Abels shout of protest. 

Upon making it to her wounded sibling, she ordered a retreat to the raiders who we apparently losing ground. 

Quickly, she picked up Sophie and ran towards the barreling wagon while Abel did his best to try and help them aboard.

Just as they had arrived on the wagon, a blonde-haired teenager had jumped from the top of a tree on the wagon driver who toppled over with his throat now slit.

Taking control of the wagon, Violet steered the horses back to the river before they got to close to the edge of the forest where more Raiders were awaiting their leader's arrival.

Abel stumbled towards Violet but was confronted by Louis who had hopped in to assist her.

"You damned pesky brats" he muttered as he turns a swing at Louis who swiftly dodged the dagger by an inch and kicked the man off of the wagon.

Minerva had managed to take out the arrow from Sophie's shoulder while she kept a cloth pressed against the wound to stop the bleeding. Huffing, she turned to her two old friends who were now not together for games and meals but for blood and death. 

Louis stared at Minerva, not knowing exactly what to do. Minerva glared hard at Louis waiting for him to make a move. After a few seconds of nothing, Violet commanded Louis to take the lead and guide the horses while she dealt with Minerva.

Louis obeyed and Violet stepped forward in front of Minerva, a scowl set on her face. Minerva seemed surprised that Violet would ever try to step up to her for confrontation but decided to play along smooth.

"What are you doing Violet?" The Redhead questioned

Pulling out a small knife, Violet kneeled down beside a few villagers and Clementine to cut their ropes off.

"I should be asking you the same Minerva. Why are you taking these people away from their home and why the hell would you have joined them damned Raiders?"

"They took me from that school to a better place and these people here are our prisoners. This is our land now, not theirs"

Violet scoffed and stood up again tossing her bow and quiver to the side and pulling out her Iron Archer Sword from its Cross-Guard. Minerva takes the hint but does not want to risk it. This clearly was not the same Violet that she knew 5 years ago which would make Violet's movements unpredictable to her.

"Put the blade away Vi," Minerva said, attempting to sound like she had regret or fear to try to throw the blonde off.

Violet just shook her head. She knew that Minerva wasn't going to give up so easily just because of a drawn sword in her face.

Sighing, Minerva reached into her scabbard and retrieved her Bronze Longsword, pointing it directly at Violet.

After a few seconds, the two began to duel. The floor was unsteady because of how much the wagon was running but Violet was able to maintain her balance while Minerva had to struggle for a bit.

Clementine watched as the two were dueling. When she saw that Minerva began to get the upper hand, she knew she had to get the villagers away before the attention was brought back to the imprisoned villagers.

Finding a dagger that was dropped by Abel, she helped cut the ropes of the rest of her people and ordered them to get ready for when it's safe enough to jump.

Before she could say anything, another redhead had thrown herself onto Clementine to try to knock her off. Immediately, the villagers rushed to Clementine's aid in pulling her back into the wagon before she could topple over.

"Sophie stay down!" Shouted Minerva turning to see her sister being held down by 4 male villagers. She had distracted herself enough that Violet managed to slice her side.

Swearing under her breath, Minerva swung over at Violet and managed to only graze her shoulder with the tip of her longsword.

"Curse you, Violet!" Minerva screamed before running over to Clementine and trying to knock her out.

"Sophie we need to get out now! Help me get the Royal! We need her alive, Captains orders!"

Sophie immediately obeyed her sister and pinned down Clementine with her good arm while kicking away the dagger she held with her foot.

Violet knew that they were giving up at last but she still was not going to let them take anyone.

Louis had finally managed to stop the wagon by the river bank and had called for other kids to come over and help them unload the people. This gave Violet and advantage to be able to try and stop Minerva.

She knocked Sophie off of Clementine and then quickly stood up to face Minerva again.

"We need her Violet. Step away from the Royal" said Minerva

"Why should I? When you're probably just going to make her join your horrible community," replied Violet with a glare that held hatred in which Minerva had never seen before.

Clementine stood up quickly and looked around for a weapon while staying behind the blonde. Spotting the blondes bow and quiver she quickly made her way over to it and turned around in time to see Minerva lunge at Violet and knock her off the wagon.

Reacting on instinct, Clementine fired an arrow at Minerva, hitting her square in the shoulder and jumping off to get away from the Raider as far as possible.

Minerva winced and ripped the arrow from her shoulder and began to search for her sister. Sophie was by a tree holding a dagger near her just in case anyone would try to harm her.

Both sisters hid in the forest for a bit before heading back to their ship. Their mission had failed. The Royal had escaped.