3

Minerva stood by the side of the ship and watched as her crew slaughtered Lee's people. Her mission was to bring back someone of value and take over the land and slowly move forward in taking over the continent.

Her Captain, Lilly, had sent Minerva her best fighters to help her on her mission. Which was turning out quite well. So far they had managed to strike terror into the hearts of the people who lived in the village and save those who seemed worthy of helping them fight more. They had managed to force the King to retreat to the limited safety of the castle.

Now all they had to do was attempt to capture someone of Royalty or the slayer of their original leader, Kenneth.

Sir Kenneth, also known as The Noble Kenny, was the most skilled knight in shining armor that the Raiders had ever encountered which was why they were after him for the second time.

The first time they had encountered Kenny, he had managed to fight back the ambush they had ready for him and kill their leader which had halted plans for expansion for a great amount of time.

It was rumored though that shortly after his encounter with the Raiders, he decided to settle down and have a family. Although it was said he still fought for his close friend, King Lee, no one else but the King himself had ever seen him to confirm it.

Chuckling to herself Minerva scanned the ground for any sign of the Knight but found not a single trace. She called back her scouts to see if they had any luck in at least seeing the Knight but none seemed to give her an answer she was looking for.

"Scout out further, split up into groups of two and head into the woods. That bastard might be hiding now that he knows he won't stand a chance against us."

"Yes Ma'am!" her scouts shouted back and hurried off to fulfill their commands. Smiling to herself Minerva walked to a man with different colored eyes who was smoking in the corner of the ship.

"Abel, any luck with the spy?" she questioned

The man puffed his pipe and smirked at his leader "Yessum ma'am" he sang "them rascals are plannin' to withdraw from 'hind the castle. Where to? We know not of but they ain't gonna make it far."

Minerva scoffed "Where could they be headed to... "

Abel chuckled at his leader "There ain't much Kingdoms 'round here, closest Kingdom from here is the one ruled by King David, New Frontier was it?"

Now it was Minerva's turn to chuckle "David was taken down by his brother, something about being a bad ruler and the people overthrowing him and his son who was following his footsteps while his daughter and his wife were remaining quiet because of fear. The man was sentenced to death while his children were left as nobles to his brother who became King and David's wife remained Queen"

Abel frowned at his leader "And how the hell do you know all this?" he questioned

Minerva remained silent for a bit before answering the man "Captain Lilly never told you of my past?"

The man shrugged "Our past usually don't matter but 'am all ears to hear 'bout yers ma'am" he said leaning closer to his leader.

"Fine. If you must know I was part of a group who tried to help the suffering people that David discriminated. " The redhead replied

This interested Abel a lot "A group eh? Hmph, think they're still 'round?" He questioned while taking a puff of his cigar

"Of course, I believe you have heard of Ericsons School For The Troubled Youth?" she started and watched as the man nodded.

"I was a student at that school before it got raided. The whole place was burned down, Sophie and I were one of the lucky ones to be taken from there and brought to Rockingham. I know not about the rest but as far as I am concerned, there were 34 of us in total" Minerva replied, her mind starting to wonder about her past friends and her lover who she left behind.

Abel nodded again and turned around in time to catch another redhead walking up to join them.

"Hi, Minnie!" The long-haired redhead cheerfully greeted her twin sister.

Minerva smiled already knowing who was behind her and turned around to wrap an arm around her twin.

"Hey soph" Minerva responded.

Although the two were twins, Minerva had a side of her hair shaved off and was taller than her twin by a few inches. Sophie on the hand who was smaller had long hair that was in a braid most of the time.

Smiling at her twin Minerva fiddled with the end of Sophie's braid "So how are the prisoners Soph?" she questioned

Sophie shrugged "Terrified and some are disobeying orders but I let Yonatan take care of them"

Abel laughed out loud "You probably wanna make sure he don't bust 'em up 'fore we get back home"

Chuckling Sophie nodded, kissed her sister on the cheek and went back down to the lower deck.

Minerva smiled and watches as Sophie disappears below before turning back to a smirking Abel.

Shaking her head, the redhead spoke "Just....get ready for whatever the plan was"

The man gave a harsh laugh before falling into a coughing fit "There was no plan ma'am"

Minerva scowled at him and sighed. She knew she had gotten very distracted with her twin's presence but she hoped Abel wouldn't have noticed.

Abel regained his composure and took another off of his cigar while smirking at his leader "Y'know I could make a plan. I'll need a few men though. It's your call ma'am"

Minerva smiled "You know what to do then Abel, good luck"

Abel's smirk grew wider "Yessum ma'am," he said then jumped off deck to gather a group of men in order to put his plan in action, making Minerva feel even better about her mission being a success.