1. Broken

I pulled up to my parents house and smiled as the happy childhood memories filled me. I had the perfect childhood with loving parents. Though we were anything but normal. We were werewolves and a part of the Nightfall pack, one of the largest packs in the U.K.

I had decided to live in London for a time to help me decide what I wanted to do with my life. I had hoped living on my own would have helped but I still wasn't sure about what I wanted.

When I turned eighteen four years ago, I wasn't one of the lucky ones that found their mate. Instead I watched as most of my friends found happiness with envy. I wanted that. After endless discussions with my parents they finally agreed to let me out in the world. My argument being that I wasn't going to find my mate if I stayed and never looked.

I travelled to most packs with no avail. I became depressed at the thought that maybe my mate had already passed and was now waiting for me to join him. I shook off the thought and started grabbing my bags out of the boot and headed towards the front door.

I grimaced as I heard the shriek of my very excited older sister Kate. Her perfect blonde curls dancing around her as she rushed towards me. I dropped my bags as she crashed into me with an oomph. I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug.

"I missed you Tabby." She squeezed me tightly. "You've missed out on so much. But you're her now." She said smiling with tears in her baby blue eyes. I was the complete opposite to my sister and mum. While they were slim, blonde and blue eyed, I took after dad with dark brown hair and bright green eyes and I was a little thicker too.

"And I'm here to stay Kate." I said giving her one last squeeze before releasing her.

"I have soo much to tell you! And I have a surprise." Kate says while picking up my other bag.

"What surprise?" I asked in excitement. Maybe she had finally found her mate. The daughters of the pack betas seem to have little luck in finding their mates. We were often looked at in concern and pity, though this didn't change Kate's bubbly outlook on life.

"Wait and see." She winked at me she smiled as we headed towards the house. I nodded and opened the front door to my childhood home and released a sigh in contentment. The house was large, having five bedrooms and enough land to let our wolves roam in some comfort.

The pack owned all the houses in this area and the land. It was perfect. The same flowery wallpaper graced the walls with all of our family photos. Looks like mum still hadn't had the time to change the wallpaper. It didn't look horrible if that's what you think. It looked elligent though it definitely wasn't my taste.

Kate and I stopped in the living and was greeted by mum and dad, both hugging me tightly and shedding tears. I may have let one or two drop myself.

"I cant believe you're finally home." Mum cried and wiped her tears. "We've all missed you soo much." She sniffles.

"And I've missed you guys too." I reassured her. "Plus I'm here to stay." I say pointing at my bags.

"I'll help with your bags baby girl." Dad says while grabbing my bags.

"Thanks dad."

"Welcome home baby girl." He plants a kiss on my head and walks off to my room with my bags.

"Well dinner will be ready in about fifteen minutes, why don't you go freshen up before dinner." My mum says looking more happy than I've seen her since leaving.

"Sure." I say heading towards my room. I smile along the way, taking notice of all silly framed photos hanging on the walls. I grab the banister and start walking upstairs as I hear the front door open.