3. Ghost

Three months had passed since returning home and the pack has started to worry about me. I could see it in their eyes. I had lost too much weight and have become too quiet, rarely shifting into my wolf form. It wasn't because I didn't want to, it was because my wolf wanted blood. It was safer to shift when I ventured further away from the pack, away from my sister. 

After explaining to my parents that I was redecorating my room after my outburst I had to find another job quickly to pay for new furnishings. I refused to take their money, explaining that I was adult. I didn't want them to spend their money when I was the one who wrecked everything. I managed to get a job as a waitress in a restaurant close to the city, it was hard work but it paid well. I haven't really spoken to my sister over the past few months and she's given up trying. I was grateful. I was sad that I no longer had that close bond with my sister but grateful that she no longer spent time with me, telling me how much she loves Daniel and how excited she is about becoming a mother. I curled my lip at that.

I threw on a pair of my jeans that were now too baggy and an over sized t-shirt not really caring what I looked like. It's not like I had anyone to impress. Daniel had explained to me privately, a week after we found each other, that he loved my sister and how sorry he was about this whole situation and how we could never be together. I had listened numbly, not saying a word. His reaction to my non existent reaction was to get angry and punching a wall, leaving a massive dent behind. He kept apologising as he cried about loving Kate but loving me as his mate. I had watched him without emotion. It was like I had flipped a magical switch and could no longer feel anything. It was peaceful. Not wanting the numbness to disappear, I had purposely kept away from Kate and her growing pup.

I crept downstairs and headed straight for the kitchen once I assured myself that everyone was out. I stopped in my tracks as I noticed bags full of baby clothes on the the kitchen table, a sour taste filling my mouth. I walked over to them and dumped one of the bags contents onto the table, not missing that everything was mainly blue. It was a boy then. Daniel was having a son. I nodded to myself and quickly shoved the offending clothes back into their bag and made a cup of coffee. My eyes glued to the bags on the table as I sipped the delicious taste of coffee. I groaned in pleasure as the warn rich taste filled my mouth. 

A growl brought me back to reality and I looked over towards the door and saw Daniel standing there, his body seeming to grow as his eyes watched me hungrily. My breath hitched with the heated look he promised. My heart started to pound and my wolf stood up as we watched our mate in anticipation. My body warmed as I thought about us together. A sudden bang brought us both back to our senses and I deflated with the knowledge that this was never going to happen, no matter how much I prayed. I tensed as I saw my sister bounce merrily into the kitchen with more bags, her hair and skin glowing with health and beauty. Her belly now large as the pup grew. 

I stared at her stomach with hate. It wouldn't be long now, werewolves only carried their pups for five months.

"Tabby." My sister sneered at me before loading more bags onto the table. 

"Kate." I begrudgingly acknowledged her. 

Daniel instantly moved between me and Kate, taking a protective stance in front of her. I silently laughed at him. His fated mate and his chosen mate, sisters. I decided to leave the happy couple to go though and gush over the cute outfits together as they planned excitedly for the birth of their boy. I mentally finger saluted the pair as I strolled out of the kitchen. Yes I had ignored Kate, but I was never really mean to her, just polite but I kept conversation short before mumbling that I had to go. But over the last couple of weeks, Kate had started saying horrible things to me and about me to the rest of the pack. And as the future Luna, people listened and followed her nonsense. I scoffed at the latest gossip about myself, I had been sleeping around with random human men, as if my life was that interesting.